FUJIFILM ANNOUNCES NEW COMPACT LONG-ZOOM F-SERIES THAT DELIVER AMAZING SPEED AND OUTSTANDING IMAGE QUALITY
New Compact, Feature-Loaded F-Series Offer Improved EXR-CMOS Sensor, Long-Zoom and Exceptional Low-Light Performance
Valhalla, N.Y., January 5, 2012 -- FUJIFILM North America Corporation today announced three new additions to the high-end, compact long-zoom FinePix F-Series lineup that combine speed, intuitive use and advanced features: the FinePix F770EXR with GPS, F750EXR and the F660EXR. These sleek, compact digital cameras all feature a newly improved 1/2" 16 MegaPixel EXR-CMOS sensor that delivers superior image quality and performance, especially in low light situations. The F770EXR with GPS and the F750EXR both use a new FUJINON 20x Wide-Angle long-zoom lens (25-500mm) to produce exceptional images, and also feature Intelligent Digital Zoom that effectively doubles zoom capability, and an ultra-clear 3.0" high contrast 460K resolution LCD. The F660EXR incorporates a FUJINON 15x Wide-Angle long-zoom lens (24-360mm), as well as Intelligent Digital Zoom and a vivid and clear 3.0" high contrast LCD screen.
The FinePix F770EXR, F750EXR and the F660EXR bring together several exciting new technologies that deliver outstanding images -- even in low light situations -- that are ideal for both travelers and those who simply want high quality results from a camera that can fit into a pocket. These new technologies include an advanced EXR Auto mode with a Motion Detection capability to virtually eliminate subject blur in all lighting conditions.
"The new FinePix F-Series take the best of Fujifilm's innovative next-generation EXR-CMOS sensor, which excels in low-light shooting, and combines it with bright and fast FUJINON lenses to give consumers impressive speed and superb image quality, all in a compact and sleek body that is highly-portable and perfect for capturing images on the go," said David Troy, director of marketing, Digital Cameras, Electronic Imaging Division, FUJIFILM North America Corporation,
"These cameras are ideal for everyone looking for a solution to the problems that they find with their current digital cameras."
The new F-Series are also all optimized for a sure grip, comfort and control and offer a new programmable function button, thoughtfully-placed dials and controls and well-placed finger grips on the front of the camera.
EXR Auto mode with Motion Detection
Fujifilm's advanced EXR-CMOS sensor enables the F-Series to tackle motion blur on three fronts with mechanical image stabilization, high ISO sensitivity and the new Motion Detection capability working together. In low light conditions with EXR Auto mode selected, the F-Series automatically identify if the subject is moving. If it is, the camera deploys Motion Detection and a higher ISO to ensure the subject is captured with reduced blurring. If no subject movement is identified, the EXR-CMOS sensor automatically keeps the ISO lower and uses image stabilization to reduce noise.
Users who prefer to take more control themselves can also choose from:
- EXR HR (High Resolution) priority mode -- the sensor utilizes all of its 16 megapixels for the highest quality results.
- EXR DR (Dynamic Range) priority mode -- takes two pictures and combines them to provide a wide dynamic range of up to 1600%.
- EXR SN (Signal to Noise) priority mode -- pixels are doubled up to increase sensitivity and give better results in low light conditions.
Sharp, Clear 20x and 15x Long-Zoom Lenses
The FinePix F770EXR and F750EXR cameras house the new FUJINON 20x Super Wide-Angle optical zoom lens that produces crisp high resolution results throughout the focal range, from 25mm wide-angle to 500mm telephoto. The F660EXR uses the FUJINON 15x Super Wide-Angle optical zoom lens that also produces vivid, high resolution images, from 24mm wide-angle to 360mm telephoto. All of the F-Series have a Super Macro Mode that allow sharp focusing down to 5cm delivering the most brilliant detail possible.
With auto focus speeds as fast as 0.16seconds, the F770EXR and F750EXR both deliver outstanding high speed shooting capabilities, up to 8 frames per second (fps) at full resolution (11fps max speed at medium resolution), and full HD movie capture at 1080p (30fps) in stereo. The FinePix F660EXR also delivers incredible high speed continuous shooting (up to 11fps) to help capture perfect images in every situation.
Intelligent Digital Zoom -- Refined
With Intelligent Digital Zoom, the F-Series zoom range doubles the telephoto power by allowing even distant objects to be turned into frame-filling close-ups with minimal image quality loss and lets users capture a wide range of images from landscapes to tightly composed images. With 20x optical zoom, Intelligent Digital Zoom delivers 40x total zoom, and 15x optical zoom extends to 30x total zoom.
Fantastic features for maximum versatility
In addition to all these exciting new features, the F-Series also offer a wide range of picture taking modes that make it the ideal camera for almost every photographic occasion. The F-Series digital camera's ISO mode can also be selected automatically and offers a range of 100 up to 3200, but also stretches to an incredible 12800 (Image size S only), offer a full complement of exposure modes including aperture-priority, shutter-priority and manual for creative shooting, continuous frame capture of up to eight frames per second at full resolution, Raw file format, a selection of film simulation modes and a full-featured flash are just some of the options available.
HD Movie Capture
With the ability to capture movies in true, full HD quality -- 1080p -- the new F-Series also have mini HDMI ports, making it easy for users to share their images and movies with loved ones through their home theater systems. The FinePix F-Series also captures movies with stereo sound and a high speed movie option for freezing fast moving action at up to an incredible 320fps. Movie files (.MOV) are captured with H.264 high profile compression for smaller file sizes without sacrificing quality. With a mini-HDMI output connector, it is easy to connect and view images on your HDTV (HDMI cable not included).
Intelligent Image Stabilization
Long-zoom cameras, especially those with 15x and 20x optical zoom like the F770EXR, F750EXR and F660EXR, need stabilization more than any other compact, with handshake and subject movement a particular problem in low light at telephoto range and in movie mode. With a highly sensitive gyro sensor, the Intelligent Image Stabilization system provides further improved image quality with reduced blurring and noise in still pictures and even when shooting movies at the full optical zoom or in very low-light. The new mechanically stabilized sensor is able to overcome handshake and can compensate for a range of hand movements, therefore increasing ISO to freeze action is no longer so necessary, meaning sharp low-light pictures can be achieved at ISO 400, rather than ISO 800 or 1600 at night scenery. The FinePix F-Series also work to reduce blur to a minimum by deploying high ISO sensitivity to automatically increase shutter speeds, and CMOS shift type to counteract the problems of handshake and subject movement. By cleverly combining these two, blur is reduced to an absolute minimum.
3.0" Premium Clear LCD
The FinePix F-Series cameras are fitted with a premium clear 3.0" LCD (460K). The high contrast LCD is a considerable benefit in bright light, allowing the camera to be directed at various shooting angles to enable framing of almost any shot. The LCD is bright and clear, perfect for instant gratification of shots in playback.
The FinePix F-Series also sport a Pro Focus Mode which is created by using Fujifilm's Multi-Frame Technology. A burst of two or three frames is taken and by taking the distance information off, the main subject is crisply matted against a defocused foreground and background. This mode is perfect for portrait or nature photography, where professional results are needed quickly with minimal adjustment to the camera and without the need to use a PC.
Meanwhile, Pro Low-light Mode can be applied to help solve the problems of noisy low light shots.
Once switched to Pro Low-light Mode, the FinePix F-Series will take a burst of four high sensitivity images using Pixel Fusion Technology in quick succession. By using the camera's Multi Frame Technology, the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th images are overlapped to create one image with extremely low noise.
Great panoramic shots in any location
The FinePix F-Series all include an enhanced Motion Panorama mode that allows users to capture beautiful, seamless 360° panoramic images both horizontally and vertically that show fine detail, low noise and high resolution at 180°, 240? or full 360? panoramic ranges.
The FinePix F770EXR, F750EXR and F660EXR also offers these additional features:
- Super Intelligent Flash: The FinePix F-Series all offer a flash control system which efficiently controls the level of flash for a given exposure to produce beautifully balanced flash illumination across the foreground and background. Super Intelligent Flash is most useful in macro photography where the contrast between subject and background can be especially challenging, but is also effective for night and backlit photography.
- Tracking Auto Focus (AF): Tracks fast moving subjects so they don't escape from the frame in a blur. Subjects will be tracked automatically for as long as it is kept in the frame and the shutter is half-pressed; when users fully press the shutter button your subject will be in the centre of the photo in perfect focus.
- Shoot in RAW (F770EXR only): Images can also be captured in a RAW file for advanced creative work after shooting.
- Face Recognition: Fujifilm's Face Recognition Technology gives you the ability to pre-program 8 people into the camera. You also have the option of inputting the category to which they belong (e.g. friends/family) and the date of his/her birthday. The next time you take a photo of the same person, the camera will cleverly recognize that person and optimize the settings to ensure that exposure and focus are best suited to the individual, rather than the other people in the picture. This fun technology can recognize up to 4 pre-programmed people on screen at the same time.
- Face Detection with Automatic Red-eye Removal: To provide perfectly exposed and focused portrait shots, the cameras are fitted with Fujifilm's latest Face Detection technology which is able to track up to 10 faces simultaneously, at almost any angle to the camera. The system instantly corrects red-eye and then saves both the original and the corrected image file automatically.
- GPS and Landmark Navigator (F770EXR only): Landmark Navigator automatically locates places of interest from its on-board database and displays points on the camera's LCD screen, showing relative position and distance from your current location. Photo Navigation helps users find their way back to previously-photographed locations with Tracking Data.
The FinePix F770EXR and F750EXR will be available in March 2012 for $379.95 and $349.95, respectively. The F770EXR will be available in black and red, while the F750EXR will be available in black, red and white. The FinePix F660EXR will be available in March 2012 for $279.95 in black.