Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    slitman Guest

Arrow Review of the Nikon D50

Anyone heard if the review of the Nikon D50 is still going to be posted today in the Reviews section?

Can't wait for this one!

Me neither...I've been looking all day for it!

Thumbs down

Looks like Jeff can't make it happen. He may go on vacation before he has time. Bummer.

slitman Guest

Arrow

GREAT NEWS!!!

The review has been posted, thanks Jeff!

The D50 does look to be a very nice camera but:

1. No backlight for the LCD info display < would be an issue in low light situations.

2. Included software doesn't allow for RAW image manipulation < what the heck is Nikon thinking on this one? I know more money in their greedy palms.

Canon EOS 30D | Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 | Canon 17-40mm f/4L | Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS| Canon 70-200mm f/4L | Canon Speedlite 430EX + Sto-Fen Omni Bounce | Manfrotto 3001BD & 680B/486RC2 | Hoya Super HMC Pro1 Digital Filters | Hitech ND & GND Filters | Bags > Kata R-103 + Lowepro Nova 5 AW

RawShooter | premium 2006 > My PBase Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog
    The D50 does look to be a very nice camera but:

1. No backlight for the LCD info display < would be an issue in low light situations.

2. Included software doesn't allow for RAW image manipulation < what the heck is Nikon thinking on this one? I know more money in their greedy palms.
    #1 seems kinda dumb. #2 is the same with the D70 / D70s. Picture Project (included) can, I think, load the NEF's, but you can't do much with them. Nikon View can do more, and it's a free download from Nikon . Nikon Capture is included as a demo with the D70. I don't know if it is with the D50. However, you still have to buy it, and it's about $99. There are other RAW handlers, including the free RAW Essentials.

Cheers,
    Eric

Thanks!

Thanks Jeff!

Just a note:

Nikon will be upgrading to Nikon Capture 4.3, which should be a free upgrade, at least in the US market. (free to registered owners of NC 4.2, that is)

Not sure about Canada yet.
    Last edited by Warin; 06-28-2005 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warin
    Just a note:

Nikon will be upgrading to Nikon Capture 4.3, which should be a free upgrade, at least in the US market. (free to registered owners of NC 4.2, that is)

Not sure about Canada yet.
    Actually, it's "has upgraded". It's available on line and the upgrade is free to registered owners. The download indicates it's the demo version, and if you are not a registered owner, then it will only work for 30 days, but if you are registered, it will just update you current installation to 4.3. If you get the demo, you can purchase the license from Nikon, install it, and you will have the complete, registered application.

Cheers,
    Eric

Looks like an excellent camera. The samples here are as good as I seen. I noticed Nikon made quite in improvement to the jpeg processing and image noise on this model. I tried one yesterday and it just feels good like a smaller and lighter D70.

I wonder how many here already had this camera. Feedbacks?