Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My first FZ-5 pic

hello guys. heres my first pic taken with my FZ-5. hope you guys like it. uhhh settings are ISO 80 / F 5.0 / shutter 1/5 with lens hood and 55mm sunpack UV filter. Dont know why it turned out a bit dark, it was nice and sunny yesterday.
    Last edited by spddmon; 06-16-2005 at 07:24 PM.
    Cannon 400D/ EF 50 1.4/ EF 70-200 F4L / EF-S 17-55 f2.8 IS / Panasonic FZ-5

is it me or is there no photo attached?

I see the picture ok. Congrats on your new camera and first shot.

If your camera was determining the exposure, then it may have been reading the light colored area which would leave the lower trees too dark.

You building is leaning to the left, a little PP would take care of that.

Have fun and keep shooting.

Well for anyone who cant see my pic, maybe this will help. Had a prob with the fill size being too big, didnt notice the 117k +/- limit.

a little PP? you mean Photoshop? I need to go to sleep first though befor i can edit my pics. Thx for the positive remark.

Last edited by spddmon; 06-17-2005 at 07:14 AM.

Now I can see both of them.

By PP I meant Post Processing which could be Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop or a number of other programs out there.

Sometimes I have noticed when I take a picture of a building like this and it leans and I straighten that part up then another part of the picture looks out of whack. I guess you just have to find a happy medium.

There are ways to straighten up an image in photoshop by basically distorting the image. I imagine that similar features would be available in Paintshop Pro. In photoshop you can use the crop tool and then modify the crop region to a trapezoid. Applying the crop will map the image in the trapezoid to a rectangle. As a result, your image is straight everywhere. This is a bit more work than just rotating the image, but it'll make everything look straight.

Erik

that is a very blue sky. did you use a polariser?

no polarizer herc, the only acessories i had on was the lens hood and a 55mm UV filter. I was on manual exposure mode, when i took this one.

Did some PP and fix my leanning tower of marriot, played a little with the cuves to so its not so dark. But I lost my blue sky though, which i liked alot. Im still learning, but is there an easier way to get rid of that yellow cane on the top left of the bldg? Dont feel like erasing by the pixel. Im using my Bros Photoshop CS 2 . Thx guys in advance.
    Last edited by spddmon; 06-17-2005 at 04:54 PM.

Here's two more recent pics i had just finished with a little PP,

My first macro, framed it too nothing fancy.

And a photo i took of our Flag, i had to crop it a little. I wanted the flag to be framed by the trees and bldg naturaly. again nothing fancy. Its my first time out in photogaphy aside from the regular point and shoot. Hope u guys like it.

Nice pics! about the marriot tower - looks nice straightened out, but the levels adjustment, though it fixed the trees, makes the rest of it look a little washed out .. I really liked the sky / tower contrast in the original shot. Maybe you could select just the trees, cut them to a different layer, and brighten them separately?