Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Thread: Blurred Images

Question Blurred Images

This sounds stupid but this problem of mine cause me a great disappointment... Whenever I take a personal shot or an experimental shot, it is always clear and detailed... but when I'm about to take a serious shot like family gathering or a portrait.. my hands began to tremble which cause blur images... I really tried hard to freeze but then... still the same... I didn't have a tripod that time. Can anybody suggest some tip or technique or a practice how to overcome this or it is just a normal for an amateur?

Thanks.

Just relax and hold the camera firmly in your hands. Increase the shutter speed if not using a flash as long as the exposure will allow it.

If your camera has an optical viewfinder, use it and brace the camera against your face.

Or, if your camera has a long enough strap, brace it with your elbow, or with your foot on a chair.

Hey,

If your camera has manual controls, decreasing the shutter speed (using a larger number- 1/60sec is twice as fast as 1/30sec) would help this problem. Also, using the camera strap to brace the camera helps too, but I think that some photographers get very tense when they want to keep the camera still, so just relax. Hope this all helps!

Andrew S.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog
    Just relax and hold the camera firmly in your hands. Increase the shutter speed if not using a flash as long as the exposure will allow it.
    I correct my self above: decrease not increase ...

thanks for your tips... ill give a try.... i will show the images i got as soon as i transferred it to my laptop... im looking forward for your comments.. once again thanks.

Talking As an ameture

what you have to do is just get to the point of being confident with your camera. its like a young marksman. he shoots at targets using his scope and has no problem. when he is on a field shooting at his prey he gets tense and woried and all you have to do is get used to looking through the scope.

Just try and remember that its a digital camera and that you can take several pictures. If it comes out blurry, take it again!