Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Have E-pl1, with many lenses need to upgrade

Hello, i have the e-pl1 - but the image stab. quit working. was considering the E-pl2
    found it new/ costco 299.99
    red or silver. No Black

curiious on anyone's thoughts . wait it out for the E-pl3 or the OMD to come down, or grad the Silver, or Red from Costco and dump my E-pl1 body on ebay cheap...

It may be cheaper to have it repaired out of warranty, or get a new or refurbished E-PL1. I think the differences between the two are not large, only a slightly different body and a wheel or something.

Honestly, I have not found the IS on the smaller Olympus bodies that useful, and even turned it off on my E-PM1. I think I would just keep going with your current camera how it is, and wait for the E-M5 to drop in price while you save your money until the two meet. Most of the 12 MP Pens don't gain much between models, except faster focus in the EP3, EPL3, and EPM1 models. The EM5, however, looks like a serious improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by raven15 View Post
    It may be cheaper to have it repaired out of warranty, or get a new or refurbished E-PL1. I think the differences between the two are not large, only a slightly different body and a wheel or something.

Honestly, I have not found the IS on the smaller Olympus bodies that useful, and even turned it off on my E-PM1. I think I would just keep going with your current camera how it is, and wait for the E-M5 to drop in price while you save your money until the two meet. Most of the 12 MP Pens don't gain much between models, except faster focus in the EP3, EPL3, and EPM1 models. The EM5, however, looks like a serious improvement.

Hi, thanks - i was wondering how much the IS has helped. It seem's to be pretty focused when I take photos.
    I may just wait it out and look for the E-M5 - at least I could still use my lenses.. I called Olympus the said it would roughly be $180 to $250 to repair ( I have seen the E-pl1 body for less ) and the E-pl2 for about $250-ish to $300 .

appreciate your help. I didn't think the E-pl2, or E-pl3 were much of an improvement