Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

E-pl1 help, I.S failed

Hello, I have had my Olympus E-pl1 with several lenses now for about 1-1/2.
    I dropped it when I was on vacation. Now the I.S blinks ( from what Olympus told me )
    the image stablization doesn't work.

Should I send it in Approx $250 from Oly.
    or just pickup an E-pl2 Body from online and call it a day, or live without the I.S???

any advise ??? I was considering just picking up the E-pl2 since the prices have dropped

Boy, for a bit more money you are getting into the current line. I would not fix it and would upgrade. Personally I would just bit the bullet and spend a bit more to get to the current line if the lower end models suit your shooting needs. All the current Pens share the same image quality and only really differ in controls and features.

I agree with kg go for one of the newer cameras. Actually here in the UK if you went secondhand you could get a mint E-pl2 for the price of that repair. Maybe in the US you could get a new one.
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

I agree that the $250 should not be spent to repair a camera worth less than $250. I'd either live without (I turned IS off on my E-PM1 and my other camera doesn't even have it) or get a newer model. The E-PL2 was well regarded except the focus speed. On second thought, I'd live with no IS and start saving for a really nice camera down the road, the the E-M5

I just saw on 4/3rds rumors that Amazon (via Calmeta Camera) has the E-PL1 body only for $150.

Hi, thanks.. I may just live without it and save $$$ for the new OMD Olympus, but that camera is really pricey, I like the small frame of the Pen camera and great photo quality. I seen the amazon E-pl1 for $150, or newer E-pl2 for $249.99 . .