Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

best canon....what is ?

Help me…. I search a compact camera (not high prize!) that made a wonderfull
    Photos in daylight and in the night , and a good HD videos.... exist ???

I not know if in home of Nikon or Lumix there are , i know for example the
    Canon IXUS 220 HS or Canon PowerShot A3200 IS or PowerShot S100,,,,is good or ?

I search a compact that NOT use the litio battery but the “normal “ AA size
    Battery ....mission impossible ?

Thanks to you, best Mery

There are only three current Canons that use AAs; the A1200, the A800, and the SX150. The first two are basic entry level cameras, the SX150 is a new compact ultrazoom. Frankly, most manufacturers are moving away from AAs because LiIon batteries offer better performance, longer life, and smaller size, so if you insist on AAs those are your choices.

a very good camera with nice photos in the night and good video full HD ? is the ixus 220 hs ? or ?

The IXUS 220 is sold as the ELPH 300 in the US. That model has already been replaced by the ELPH 310. They will give relatively good low light performance although not up to the level of something like the S100. They have full 1920x1080 HD video, but only with 24fps. You will notice the difference between that and 30fps. At the lower HD resolution of 1280x720 it has 30fps.

what i buy ??? help me ...a best camera with good phots in the night e good video full hd ?

OT: A blurb on batteries. I've been a stickler for "AA" cameras like since my first Vivitar digicam way back, then it was a Canon A80, couple of other brands in between, then a Canon SX10 and now a Canon SX40 with a propriety battery. I can honestly say I don't miss "AA"s at all, it came with one battery, I got 600 shots with the first charge. I bought a knockoff battery with excellent reviews and it's in the SX40 now. The only batteries I could get any life out of in the SX10 was PowerGenix NiZn 1.6V rechargeables. My other "AA" cameras did fair on NiMh's but still nothing like I'm getting out of these batteries in the SX40.

Anyway this really doesn't help you in your search for a camera but unless you have a specific need for a "AA" camera don't be a afraid of trying one with a propriety battery.

ixus 220 HS ( in america ELF-300 ) is the best for me ? or ?

Quote Originally Posted by miciotta62 View Post
    ixus 220 HS ( in america ELF-300 ) is the best for me ? or ?
    We can't answer that question, you have to decide for yourself. It's a good camera, but it doesn't meet your AA criteria so you'll have to make tradeoffs.

I purchased a Canon SX230HS a couple of months ago and love it.

Altho it uses Li-ion battery, aftermarket batteries are cheap, such as the NB-5L from Bargaincell.

A nice compact camera and lightweight.

The SX230 is now $189 at Amazon. The batteries are $2.64.

Jack

and the Canon S95 ? is best from ixus 220 or ? what i buy ? help me ????