Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Thread: Ricoh digicams

Post Ricoh digicams

Does anybody knows if RICOH is selling digital cameras in the US market? I sure don't see any digital cameras in RICOH USA's website...

jaynads Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by matsuRD
    Does anybody knows if RICOH is selling digital cameras in the US market? I sure don't see any digital cameras in RICOH USA's website...
    Try http://www.ricoh.com/r_dc/

I went to the global site, chose products->digital cameras->Americas to get to this page.

I used to own the now discontinued RDC 5300. It was a good camera, albeit wankish in its old age (after its second year in operation - about 1000 pictures - it would shut off at the worst times, often right after I took a picture, resulting in the loss of data. It would get better for a spell and then totally zonk out for weeks. Finally, it shut off and never turned on again, even to retract the lens). While I liked the use of the camera, I can't say I'd recommend it because I feel it didn't last particularly long, and I am someone who babies his electronics. I don't know how their other products are, but I think the simple lack of market share in the US is a good indication to try other brands.

hmm...
    the reason i asked is particularly because i was interested in the new Caplio R2...

Ricoh is no longer marketing their cameras in North America. With so many good all-in-ones in the world marketplace Ricoh sort-of got lost in the noise.
    D7000, D70, CP990, CP900, FE.
    50mm f/1.8, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Nikon 18-105 VR, Nikon 55-200 VR, Nikon 43-86 f/3.5 AiS, Vivitar 28-90 F/2.8-3.5 Macro, Vivitar 75-205 F/3.8-4.8, SB800.
    Ha! See, I can change...

http://d70fan.smugmug.com/

toll free US number

I was able to order the Ricoh Caplio R2 through an Internet site called YesAsia.com. Their toll free number is (888) 716-5753

The Caplio R2 looks great. I wish I could find more feedback on it...

Nope, I don't think Ricoh is carrying products in North America anymore.