Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

G500 Firmware Upgrade

i want to know if i were to upgrade the firmware on the g500, would i have to upgrade to 3.38A then to 3.39A or could i go directly to 3.39A and still be able to use Memory Stick Pro. i know the 3.38A upgrade is for support of Memory Stick Pro but i'm not sure if the 3.39A upgrade supports that feature as well.

newguy Guest
    I updated to the 3.9a version of the firmware and it supports the MS stick just fine. It looks like the 3.9 version is basically the 3.8 version with a correction added on top of it.

I just purchased a used Minolta G500 on ebay, which I should receive next week. I see from their website that there is a firmware upgrade - I'm assuming 3.39a is the latest. Is there any way of telling what firmware version is already on the camera. Will I mess something up if I install 3.39a on top of itself?
    Alan ataplow@vtlink.net

I just found a solution to my own problem - you can find the firmware version by bringing up "setup" and then press the "display" button - the firmware version displays on the upper right of the screen.

To answer Newguy's question, you can just go ahead and install the new firmware - it installed just fine over the original firmware which came with the camera - don't need to go thru all updates - just the newest version.
    Alan ataplow@vtlink.net