Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Wish my camera luck...

I finally did something to it that it couldn't handle, though the E-620 in this case rather than the much-abused E-410. Basically I rolled it over in a canoe, along with my current "go-to" lens line up of 50-200, 11-22, and 35mm. Basically all that water sealing did nothing to keep water out, but it sure is effective in keeping it in. I guess I'll have pay to send it all to Olympus. Ha ha. I was actually pretty lucky the entire thing didn't sink to the bottom. I was very surprised that my camera bag was still in the canoe when it got flipped over 15 minutes later.

Raven, Man that is bad luck. I would bet it will be cheaper to just buy a new body and the 35mm although I hope I am wrong. The other lenses are probably going to be worth the cost. I am about to carry some of my gear in a kayak or canoe a few times. I did buy an Aquapac for the E-5 with the 12-60 mounted. That is supposed to be submersible. Any other lenses along for the ride are going into dry bags.

Quote Originally Posted by kgosden View Post
    Raven, Man that is bad luck.
    Stupidity would be a little more like it... I may hold off on the camera through the 30th when I just read a rumor new cameras may be announced, otherwise, the E-620 is still the camera body most suited to me.

The rumor is the new 'pro' micro 4/3rds. Autofocus is supposed to be spectacularly fast.

Well, the E-P3 looks OK, I wonder how much faster it focuses old-school lenses? However, now that they finally released some decent small primes, I am wondering if I might be picking up one of these bad boys sometime. the 45mm is a little short for me though, especially if it doesn't do macro. A 50, 60, or 70mm would have been more my style. I like my lenses in multiples of 2, otherwise it's not really worth it.

Sorry to heat it Raven if for nothing else than I have enjoyed seeing your shots over the years and you'll be unable to take more for a while.

Hope it works out for you.
    D800, D300, D90, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200VR f2.8, 300 F4, 105 micro, 16-85VR, 50mm 1.8, Tammy 90 macro, 70-300VR, SB900, 2xSB600, MB-D10, 055XPROB 322RC2. New computers to run photoshop faster. C&C always appreciated. PhotoGallery
    Pressing the shutter is the start of the process - Joe McNally ... Buying the body is the start of the process - Dread Pirate

What a disaster raven hope you get everything fixed ok or a decent insurance payment to get some replacements. Maybe now's the time to go micro.
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Roberts View Post
    Sorry to heat it Raven if for nothing else than I have enjoyed seeing your shots over the years and you'll be unable to take more for a while.

Hope it works out for you.
    Ha ha thanks, it's not that bad though. I've still got the E-410 around, that thing will last forever. I made a rule while traveling to always have redundant cameras and lenses in different places. An E-410 with 9-18, 25 pancake, 50mm macro, and 14-54 is more than enough for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill D View Post
    What a disaster raven hope you get everything fixed ok or a decent insurance payment to get some replacements. Maybe now's the time to go micro.
    I've thought of it, I'll have to see how repair prices compare with reselling the repaired camera. I might be able to let some of those redundant lenses go to, but the new EP3 is expensive.