Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Thread: Pen e-pl2

Pen e-pl2

Anyone have the E-PL2? What are your comments?

I recently picked one up. I am enjoying the compact size and the kit lenses 14-42 and 40-150mm perform very well. The 'art filters' make it fun for an amateur like me. I obviously don't have pro-like expectations, but for novices who like CMOS like performance with flexible options without busting the bank, in a slimmer profile...this should be give serious consideration.
    You took a photo of what?

I've been looking at these, but there aren't enough lenses, either pancake or a super nice super telephoto, for me to think about getting one yet.

How are the lenses? Those are always what I'm most interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by raven15 View Post
    I've been looking at these, but there aren't enough lenses, either pancake or a super nice super telephoto, for me to think about getting one yet.

How are the lenses? Those are always what I'm most interested in.
    There are a few from Olympus and Panasonic. Check out any valid website to see options. The other thing to consider is to purchase adapters that are available to use four thirds lenses (not micro four thirds) on the cameras....now options become numerous. There are also adapters available enabling M mount (like Leica, Voigtlander, etc....)

I got this camera because with the 14-42 and 40-150, I cover most of the range needed. My next lens, and probably last one, will be 20 mm with f2.0....all of this for a total package of less than $1300.......not bad for the quality of photos....
    You took a photo of what?