Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Deciding where to buy...

Looking to buy a new Sony and after doing research on online company reviews I think I'm more confused than ever. US1photo.com has the lowest price, but I'm concerned about bad reviews. Anyone have experience?

I would like to buy locally, but no tax is a big savings. I'm also not real sure about the "grey" market concern- anything to worry about? I'm thinking I'll go with Amazon.com as a compromise...any advice?

If you're seeing bad reviews of a seller somewhere then I'd avoid them.

Grey market hasn't been a concern for me. I've saved a small fortune buying grey market from all over - Hong Kong, Japan, USA.

I miss not being able to try things in a store but then the couple times I've been in a store I've heard the salespeople giving very misleading advice.
    D800, D300, D90, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200VR f2.8, 300 F4, 105 micro, 16-85VR, 50mm 1.8, Tammy 90 macro, 70-300VR, SB900, 2xSB600, MB-D10, 055XPROB 322RC2. New computers to run photoshop faster. C&C always appreciated. PhotoGallery
    Pressing the shutter is the start of the process - Joe McNally ... Buying the body is the start of the process - Dread Pirate

Well i like original marketed products never felt right buying a grey market product .
    Some may feel lucky but i don't

i bought 90% of the gear second hand it is may way of saving money
    Live is too short to mis a picture

Absolutely nothing wrong with Grey market. Just be sure to purchase from a safe dealer like BHPhoto or Adorama. Be carefull, there are ALOT of crooks out there!
    Jason

"A coward dies a thousand deaths, a soldier dies but once."-2Pac

A bunch of Nikon stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by jcon View Post
    Absolutely nothing wrong with Grey market. Just be sure to purchase from a safe dealer like BHPhoto or Adorama. Be carefull, there are ALOT of crooks out there!
    x 2 to that
    D800, D300, D90, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200VR f2.8, 300 F4, 105 micro, 16-85VR, 50mm 1.8, Tammy 90 macro, 70-300VR, SB900, 2xSB600, MB-D10, 055XPROB 322RC2. New computers to run photoshop faster. C&C always appreciated. PhotoGallery
    Pressing the shutter is the start of the process - Joe McNally ... Buying the body is the start of the process - Dread Pirate

Anybody who buys from US1photo.com is a fool (sorry to the OP).

Look at the comments on Reselleratings;

They also have an F rating at the Better Business Bureau.

Avoid US1Camera/US1Photo! Don't believe there advertised shipping times.

TERRIBLE!! All the negative reviews are true, don't buy from these liars.

STAY AWAY - The word that comes to mind is 'cheat'.

Buyer Beware,
    I shoudl have read all the reviews about this company before ordering,

After reading their reviews I called and wanted to give them a chance to explain all the negative reviews and guess what!!!! I could not even get through to them.

and it goes on and on for 57 pages!

I like B&H photo. Fast and I found their price competitive on the scope I bought. I'll buy from them again once I determine what DSLR I want to get soon.

B&H or Adorama 100%!

I stay with my local shop www.jackscamera.com

I spend a bit more but they go out of their way to make sure I'm not getting something that I don't need. They also remember me when I come in. they have a room full of used "stuff".

And they have dogs in the shop. They're cool

It's too bad more shops like that dont exist.

Nice website Rallysman, a good reminder it shouldn't just be about price.