Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Question Coolpix P60 Is It Good Enough For Website Work

I have Nikon Coolpix P60 is the quality of the pics good enough to take shoots of models for a website???

I can't tell if you're serious or not...

Can you please elaborate about the website and the work. Are you expecting to get paid for these shots or is it just for hobby/fun? What kind of models are we talking about? Are you shooting in studios or locations?

If you're expecting to sell your pictures, most agency/stock photo services demand SLR-quality pictures.

But for personal websites, almost any recent cameras can do.

The pics are for models for adult web site I am not trying to run a super big professional site.

So does anybody have any info about this digital camera

Probably good enough for web work.

It all depends on what you want to do with the pictures you post. If you're at least fairly serious about how you want your models to appear, and if you're looking to put content on the web that you'd like to get paid for, then no, the C60 isn't good enough. If all you want to do is to post pictures for people to look at, and they won't be clicking through to larger sizes or downloading, then the C60 would be OK. With any small camera, in order to get good results you'd have to control the light very closely as the small sensors can't deal with a lot of contrast. If you can afford it, or if you think you can make enough money from your site to justify it, you should look into a DSLR. Any of the new or used entry model DSLR's from Nikon, Canon, Panasonic, Pentax or Sony would be good enough. Use a wide to medium zoom, say from 28 to 70 mm, and try to get a fast lens if you can afford it. These cameras and lenses are like those that most of the glamor websites use.