Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

FinePix HS10 looks like it could be a great camera

Saw this camera was announced today.

I was on the fence with the Canon SX20 and the Pany FZ-35. But I'm climbing down off the fence and waiting for some real reviews on this camera. The press release makes it sound like everything I've been waiting for but press releases are written to sell/promote cameras so I'll wait and see if this guy really delivers.

I'm also curious how this camera will perform. I'm happy with the S6500FD and this look like a great camera to replace it (though at $500 it's not as cheap as the S6500FD).

Retired: Fuji A205S
    Current: Fuji F6500FD

My album -> http://wutske.deviantart.com/
    My blog -> http://my.opera.com/wutske

The NikonP100 and Olympus SP-800UZ also look impressive.

See link for an early review here.

Here is a chart of the three new cameras:

Another cool new feature on the Fuji:

Motion remover mode
    To remove moving subjects from your shots, this mode captures 5 images of a scene in quick succession; the five images are then analysed and combined in-camera to produce a single image where anything moving in the scene has magically disappeared. Never before has capturing postcard-quality shots of tourist traps without the tourists been so easy.
    Last edited by Eztarget; 02-11-2010 at 12:57 PM.

Check out the YOUTUBE demo of this baby!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7EoAE14Z9k

Quote Originally Posted by wutske View Post
    I'm also curious how this camera will perform. I'm happy with the S6500FD and this look like a great camera to replace it (though at $500 it's not as cheap as the S6500FD).
    Agreed. I'll be keeping an eye on this one too. It really brings a lot to the table as far as features, I just hope the quality is there too.
    Paul
    Fuji S6000fd - R.I.P.
    Fuji HS20 EXR - Current

Yeah, I'm really liking this camera. It's a great successor to the S6000/S9000 lines, lines that used AA batteries.

The one thing that I really dislike is the EVF. Granted, it doesn't look like you can do manual focus anymore aside from physically moving the camera, but 200k pixels is way too grainy.

If this thing had a high resolution EVF, was water resistant, and had a gps chip for geotagging, I'd definitely order one of the first off the production line. I may still get one anyway to replace my S9000.
    Eugene Leafty
    Fujifilm S9000, Hoya 58mm uv/circular polarizer/warming filters, 8GB CF, 256 MB CF, topload bag, Dynatran AT-858B tripod base, Dynatran ATH-A04 tripod head, 2 sets NiMH batts w/2 chargers, 58mm +2 and +4 close up lens, 2x telephoto lens, rubber hood, Canon T244 external flash

Paul and Eugene-

Well, the Fuji HS-10 is slated to reach dealer's shelves in mid April. Are you still interested in the HS-10?

I have continued to follow it closely. I am hoping for a camera of the same stature and capability as my S-6000. I have pre-ordered one.

Sarah Joyce

Quote Originally Posted by leaftye View Post
    Yeah, I'm really liking this camera. It's a great successor to the S6000/S9000 lines, lines that used AA batteries.

The one thing that I really dislike is the EVF. Granted, it doesn't look like you can do manual focus anymore aside from physically moving the camera, but 200k pixels is way too grainy.

If this thing had a high resolution EVF, was water resistant, and had a gps chip for geotagging, I'd definitely order one of the first off the production line. I may still get one anyway to replace my S9000.
    Manual focus might still be available through the menus I guess, tough I don't think it's bad as I've never liked the focus ring on the fuji.

Retired: Fuji A205S
    Current: Fuji F6500FD

My album -> http://wutske.deviantart.com/
    My blog -> http://my.opera.com/wutske

Quote Originally Posted by wutske View Post
    Manual focus might still be available through the menus I guess, tough I don't think it's bad as I've never liked the focus ring on the fuji.
    It's got a manual focus ring.
    Gary
    ~ Olympus E-620 ~ Fujifilm HS-10
    Joshua 24:15