Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mmmmm...Dampfnudeln mit Vanillesoße :-)...lecker!

I do know a few Americans who from time to time travel to the US, but then of course I would only get a one year warranty and it wouldn't apply to Europe. or does Panasonic offer world wide warranty (with no extra shipping costs etc.)?

I'd probably be better of buying locally, but I really, really don't like this senseless limitation. so much so I am doubting my decision to go for a Panasonic instead of a Fuji.

By the by, there is no "NTSC" or "PAL" HD ;-)
    NTSC would be 720x480@60 and PAL 720x576@50. The only difference would be 720p@30 rather than 720p@25. But I would actually prefer 30/60Hz as my TV handles 60Hz better (less false contouring).
    All in all the US model would be ideal for me if there wasn't that small problem of me not living in the US :-D

Cnet is not the best source for camera reviews, but it's the only one I've found so far. They like the ZS7.

http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-came...l?tag=txt;page

Of course, it's Dave's review that we're all waiting for which should come very soon.
    Panasonic DMC-TZ3

I am excited about the new offering and will likely order the ZS7. I do have some interest in the ZR3 as well. I am not clear exactly why I wouldn't be happy with the ZR3. We take mostly snapshots and want to be able to video. Of course we want the best images we can get from a compact camera. The ZS7 is not that much bigger, we had a TZ3, so if it offers more image quality (we don't use the manual controls), that will be our choice.

thanks

Jeff's review is up. He recommends it but, it doesn't seem like he's too happy with image quality. I was really hoping to replace my TZ3.
    Panasonic DMC-TZ3

Yes just read the review too shame about the noise very dissapointing. If only they had left it at 10Mp. With all those features & the same IQ as its predecessor I'd have bought one before our next holiday without hesitation, now not so sure. Probably save my cash and stick with my old TZ1 !
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

Disappointing,but not surprising I guess.

I had a TZ1,one of my favourite cameras.I now use a TZ7,very happy with it,nothing in the TZ10 (ZS7) would have tempted me anyway,even before Jeff's review.

Mind you more megapixels on the same sensor is of course still a standard upgrade,it seems,Canon G11 excepted.The same issue occurred when the FZ30 was replaced by the FZ50,the reviews suggested inferior image quality because of noise.I was a very happy FZ50 owner for more than 2 years and though I accepted the limitations of the camera in low light it was still a damn fine piece of kit.Hopefully the same applies to the TZ10.

Canon 60D,
    Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4.0 DC Macro OS HSM,
    Canon 18-55 f3.5-5.6 IS,
    Canon Speedlite 270EX

Panasonic Lumix DMC GF3,
    Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6

I wonder if a firmware update could "correct" some of the issues? I'm surprised with the redeye & clipping.

My other options would be:

1) Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-HX5V (Jeff's review is coming)
    2) Panasonic ZS3 (while they're still available), the only thing I don't like about it is the placement of the mode dial.
    3) Read other reviews about the ZS7 & take a chance (from a place with a good return policy).
    Panasonic DMC-TZ3

I was really looking forward to this camera but just like with previous cameras, Panasonic does seem to dissapoint when it comes to the actual image quality. A shame really as they do offer great features and most importantly, excellent zoom.

But having read the review and seen the low light iso tests, no way I would buy this camera now. Not at the current price and not before the Fuji FX80EXR hasn't been reviewed, which I would expect to be superior.
    Low light situations are quite common underwater, plus I do like to point and shoot at night.

And what's up with "fake"-batteries? Jeff mentions that PAnasonic has some kind of built in check or tries to make sure only the genuine batteries work. Is that actually a problem? I usually like to have at least two batteries but I rarely buy the overprised manufacturer batteries.

Ever wondered what's inside?

Here's a shot I took at the launch of the TZ10. They certainly pack a lot of functions into a small space.
    Attachment 52421
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

This "inside-look" photo is cool.. Lost my Sony camcorder so just brought the ZS7 + 16Gb Class 10 for US$225 total. Will put my TZ1 as spare. Cheers.