Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

problems with xd memory cards

Hi,

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before but I'm going round in circles trying to find a solution for my problem, and feeling well frustrated at the same time.

I'll try and give you as much details as I can, I've got a fujifilm finepix s1000fd camera, I'd been using an olympus xd memory card for a while which was working perfectly fine, but recently I found that when I would try upolading them to the computer, not all of them would appear, and it would be very slow.

Then on one occasion the computer displayed a message saying that the disk needed to be formatted, which at first I did not agree, but then I decided to go ahead and do it, but then another message appeared stating that the disk is 'write protected'.

I've now bought another olympus xd card and thought it was going to be fine, but I'm finding the same is happening with this one too.

I have formatted both cards on my camera and on the computer, the camera is reading the card and I can take photos with it , but also one thing I noticed for both cards is when I right click on the removable disk drive, and select properties, it says used space -0 bytes, free space -0 bytes, there are pictures on both

Sorry If I've gone on a bit, but I'm really desperate to find out where the problem lies so I can get it sorted, I'd appreciate your help

Thankyou.

p.s I've noticed alot of ppl advising to move the switch on the memory cards, mine don't have one.
    Last edited by Naimah; 01-17-2010 at 06:17 PM. Reason: additional info

I am not familiar with your camera or xd cards, but here is a suggestion. If you are using a card reader try this. Connect your camera to the computer and see if you can download the photos that way. This will help determine if the problem is with the card reader
    Panasonic FZ20, Kodak DC4800, Canon SD850 for when I don't want to carry a camera
    http://JLVACCARO.4T.COM

Thanks for replying, problem is I've lost the cable for the camera and need to get a new one maybe this week or next, it's worth a try so thanks for the suggestion