Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Roberts View Post
    Jalbum is really great, thank you for recommending it.

I just wish I knew more about creating web pages! This is taking forever to learn how to incorporate the Jalbum output into my website. Specifically - How do I put a link on my Jalbum gallery pages back to my site index page?
    Youre welcome for the recommendation.

Its quite simple to add a link to your homepage on the gallery. It depends on which skin you use, but basically just click on the Settings tab, which should be in the bottom left of the JAlbum interface. There are many different settings to play around with such as background color, font, labels, copyright, links...etc..

If you need help on how to upload the files to your website, I coudl help you with that, or with anything else you may have questions about. If you want steb by step walk-throughs, you are more than welcomed to PM me and I can give you my messenger ID.

Hope this helps!
    Jason

"A coward dies a thousand deaths, a soldier dies but once."-2Pac

A bunch of Nikon stuff!

Jason, hows this for a first draft tidyup of the website?
    http://www.sentimentalphotos.com.au/index.html

Clicking on " Photo Gallery (Hire a photographer or buy stock photos)"

Thanks ever so much for your help.
    Stephen
    D800, D300, D90, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200VR f2.8, 300 F4, 105 micro, 16-85VR, 50mm 1.8, Tammy 90 macro, 70-300VR, SB900, 2xSB600, MB-D10, 055XPROB 322RC2. New computers to run photoshop faster. C&C always appreciated. PhotoGallery
    Pressing the shutter is the start of the process - Joe McNally ... Buying the body is the start of the process - Dread Pirate

I think you did VERY well! The gallery looks great. The only suggestion I would have would be to see if you can change the thumbnail sizes, they are a bit small, I do believe there is a setting to make them larger, if you wish to. Other than that it looks great!

Also, take a look at the hundreds of gallery skins that you can download from Jalbums site.

Glad it turned out so well for you! Whats been the feedback thus far on the biking photos?
    Jason

"A coward dies a thousand deaths, a soldier dies but once."-2Pac

A bunch of Nikon stuff!

Thanks I'll do that.

Eventually I'll find a webpage editor I can work and update the old part of the site for the scanning so both sections look more uniform. The old site was made with publisher!

Feedback on the photos has been fantastic but the delay in rebuilding my site probably means the feedback won't translate into orders. We'll see.
    D800, D300, D90, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200VR f2.8, 300 F4, 105 micro, 16-85VR, 50mm 1.8, Tammy 90 macro, 70-300VR, SB900, 2xSB600, MB-D10, 055XPROB 322RC2. New computers to run photoshop faster. C&C always appreciated. PhotoGallery
    Pressing the shutter is the start of the process - Joe McNally ... Buying the body is the start of the process - Dread Pirate

I'm finally trying to tidy my site but have temporarily broken my links

Using Jalbum is it possible to add comments next to my shots or thumbnails? I'd really like to name a few of the photos.

Is there a general program you can recommend to build the non gallery pages of my website to look more uniform with the Jalbum created gallery pages?

My old pages created in publisher are starting to look dated and not display correctly with some recent browsers.