Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Thread: new D40

new D40

I see that nobody has posted in 30 days, but I will ask for help anyway. Just bought my daughter a Nikon D40 body only. I guess I need a lens. I really don't want to spend alot as a single mom and she is just learning the camera ropes. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by ash5le7y View Post
    I see that nobody has posted in 30 days, but I will ask for help anyway. Just bought my daughter a Nikon D40 body only. I guess I need a lens. I really don't want to spend alot as a single mom and she is just learning the camera ropes. Any suggestions?
    That's because you're not posting in the Nikon DSLR section. The camera didn't come with a kit lens? You can probably pick up the kit pretty cheap. You could even get it used. 18-55mm VR
    Lukas

Camera: Anonymous
    I could tell you but I wouldn't want you to get all pissy if it's the wrong brand

Flickr

Lukas is right, it is not too expensive. The vr version would be the one to get.
    Also the Nikon DSLR fourm right below this one is where you will find more information
    and several other D40 users.

Welcome to the forum.
    - Rich

Nikon: D50, 18-70mm, 50mm, 70-200vr
    Kenko: 12mm, 20mm, 36mm Ext Tubes
    Manfrotto: 486RC2
    Benro: A-327 tripod

My Flickr Photos Here

Quote Originally Posted by TheWengler View Post
    That's because you're not posting in the Nikon DSLR section. The camera didn't come with a kit lens? You can probably pick up the kit pretty cheap. You could even get it used. 18-55mm VR
    lol i know who did it

We have been using the D40 for two years now. I recomend a used or new lense from Ebay= type in nikon lenses. The standard is around 50 mm. I dont have the camera here to give exact spects. If you are going to do somthing fancy. You can upgrade to the best that camera can handel, at a mid range price. a Tamron
    AF18-270 Dill VC B003 Nll About $360.00 new Thats what I'm researching right now.