Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

problems with new batteries; anyone know why?

A couple years ago, I bought some Kodak AA rechargeable batteries. They were blue-green, with yellow writing on them. They worked very well for me. I would take a couple hundred photos on one charge. As expected after constant use, they quit charging up early this summer.

Because I was preparing for a trip, I decided to pick up some new batteries, and left the old ones at home. These new ones are greyish green with yellow ends and red writing on them. When I pull them off the charger, and the charger says that they are fully charged, but they will barely turn on the camera, and won't take more than a couple photos. They work more poorly than the old ones I left at home.

What has changed? I exchanged the first set believing that they were defective, but the second set is behaving in the same way.

If anyone can explain to me what is going on here, and how I can find some good batteries like my first ones, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
    LittleLouie

Return 'em, try another brand of rechargeables. Rayovac, Sanyo, Sony, Duracell and Energizer are all good.
    E-510
    E-1
    Zuiko 14-54 F2.8-3.5 MkI
    Zuiko 70-300 F4.0-5.6
    Konica Hexanon 52mm F1.8
    Cullmann 2503
    Benro KS-0

Buy some Low Self Discharge batteries (Such as Eneloops) and never look back.

As to your current problem, you didn't mention a brand name for the batteries. I'm assuming they're cheap and therefore rubbish.
    Gear List:
    Canon 40D + Sigma 18-50mm + Canon 55-250mm

My Gallery

Thanks,

I will look for some low self discharge batteries next time I go shopping, and I plan to return the ones I just bought once I get back home.

Paradox, the new batteries I bought were also Kodak. I figured since that brand had worked so well before when my parents and sister were having trouble with their rayovac and energizer and duricell rechargeables, that I would try the Kodak again.