Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gf-1

Gf-1

Well the GF-1 has been announced.

I should get one after release sometime in october and then I will post some more info.

cheers.

John
    John Crawford
    20D, 5Dm2, Tamron 28-75, Canon 16-35 F2.8L II, Canon 70-200 F2.8L, Sigma 80-400 EX OS, Oly E-P1

confused :confused:

Quote Originally Posted by Preview on this site
    The Lumix DMC-GF1 has the ability to record high definition videos, at a resolution of 1280 x 720 (also known as 720p). You have two codecs to choose from: AVCHD Lite, which allows for unlimited recording times (except in Europe, where you're limited to 30 minutes)
    Can anyone explain the 30 minutes limit in Europe? How come?

I think it's to do with the classification of the camera if it goes over that in Europe and the effect that has on taxes or something similar...But that's from memory, so I could be totally wrong.
    Gear List:
    Canon 40D + Sigma 18-50mm + Canon 55-250mm

My Gallery

Yes, if you can record more than 30 minutes of video (but some size and frame rate restrictions) it gets classified as a video camera and is taxed at a higher rate.

http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?op...=3434&Itemid=1

Very cool looking camera, but a GN6 flash really isn't much better than no flash at all...
    Hope Olympus fixes that focusing issue with a firmware update for the EP-1, then.
    E-510
    E-1
    Zuiko 14-54 F2.8-3.5 MkI
    Zuiko 70-300 F4.0-5.6
    Konica Hexanon 52mm F1.8
    Cullmann 2503
    Benro KS-0

EP-1 benefits:
    In body stabilization
    Focus all 4/3 lenses

GF-1 benefits:
    Flash
    Faster focus

I think I would just wait another year until Olympus gets autofocus better, since Panasonic is never going to use in body stabilization.

Yes the GF-1 does look pretty attractive except for the price. I'd have preferred it to have in body IS too although Panasonic are bringing out some nice IS lenses.
    Now if Oly fix the AF, add an EVF & bring out a lightweight 14-150(or more preferably 210) zoom then I'd raid the piggy bank. That would be my ideal high quality superzoom.
    Last edited by Phill D; 10-05-2009 at 11:03 PM.
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

I use Sony & Nikon DSLRs and I've just downloaded the recent test images on the dcresource.com home page taken on the Panasonic GF1 with just a basic kit lens 14-90mm and I'm very impressed with the quality of the ones I looked at, particularly the Purple Fringing Tunnel Of Doom and the ISO400 church interior shot.. this is some camera, I can't wait to get one as a carry anywhere camera, if it's as good as your test images show

Well I got upset with amazon over an seperate issue so I canceled my GF-1 order. Then after seeing an E-P1 at a local camera store I decided I really wanted a small camera...

And after watching a few buy/sell/auction sites I found an E-P1 for $275 less than the current new prices and jumped on it...

I guess I will start a new thread over in the OLY forum... I did pre-order a panasonic 20mm F1.7 to use on the PEN..
    John Crawford
    20D, 5Dm2, Tamron 28-75, Canon 16-35 F2.8L II, Canon 70-200 F2.8L, Sigma 80-400 EX OS, Oly E-P1

It's been almost a year since I last posted here.

John, sorry to hear about your prpblems with Amazon but is glad to hear that it worked out for you with the EP-1

I have the Gf-1 and is very happy with it. Here are some shots I got with mine.