Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

A camera with a built in projector?

Is anyone else currently thinking 'Why?'

Who asked for a camera with a built in projector? It'll be appalling quality, eat the battery in an hour...Surely Nikon have more important things to do than putting a projector in a camera of all things?
    Gear List:
    Canon 40D + Sigma 18-50mm + Canon 55-250mm

My Gallery

As I said in the DSLR forum I can actually see some business applications for it.
    In a couple of years you will most likely look back on this comment and wonder why you posted it with every manufacturer offering similar systems and with your PC effectively doing the same thing (projecting an image).

Looking at it another way, a projector is something that I don't think has popped up on mobile/cell phones yet.
    Nikon D40|Nikon D5100|AF-S 50mm f/1.4|AF-S 18-105mm DX|SB 900|SB 400|AF-S 35mm f/1.8 DX|AF-S 10-24mm DX

Canon A610

Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Screenclutter View Post
    Looking at it another way, a projector is something that I don't think has popped up on mobile/cell phones yet.
    There are some third party people playing with it as an iPhone device more as a way of running business presentations. Toshiba have been playing along this track for a number of years as replacement products for current notebooks.

Computers maybe. Cameras, not seeing the point myself. A small hotshoe projector for DSLRs that hooks into the USB connection, that could maybe be useful for say event photographers. But it seems a bit silly building it into a compact.
    Gear List:
    Canon 40D + Sigma 18-50mm + Canon 55-250mm

My Gallery

Video on a DSLR was a totally alien concept 18 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by K1W1 View Post
    Video on a DSLR was a totally alien concept 18 months ago.
    Exactly. It's not clear which features will win out in the long run. I like that some camera makers are pushing the envelope.