Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising
 
 
 
   
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    12

    Thumbs down Nikon Coolpix S560 lost my pictures!!

    Hi,

    I had quite a few pictures and was transfering them to my PC using Picasa3. But unfortunately, the transfer was SO SLOW (I dunno why), that I decided to do the transfer later and so on Picasa3, I clicked cancel and then when it stopped, I unplugged. But as soon as I unplugged, I see a message for a millisecond that says "No pictures in memory" or something like that.

    Next thing I know, there were NOOOOO pictures left on there!!
    First off, why the hell is the transfer so slow (I'm coming from Canon SD600, which was FAST) and second WHY DID IT DELETE ALL MY PICTURES!!!! And is there any way to recover them?

    Either way, right after this, I went out and took more pictures and now I'm copying them to PC using Picasa3.. but I wanna get my old pics backkkkk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Devileyezz View Post
    Either way, right after this, I went out and took more pictures and now I'm copying them to PC using Picasa3.. but I wanna get my old pics backkkkk
    This was a mistake. If you have problems with a memory card DO NOT take more pictures until you've recovered them. You may have overwritten the images that you want to save. Do not use that card for anything until you're satisfied that you got everything off that card that you want.

    Grab a free copy of Image Rescue and follow the instructions. You may be able to recover some or all of the missing images.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by David Metsky View Post
    This was a mistake. If you have problems with a memory card DO NOT take more pictures until you've recovered them. You may have overwritten the images that you want to save. Do not use that card for anything until you're satisfied that you got everything off that card that you want.

    Grab a free copy of Image Rescue and follow the instructions. You may be able to recover some or all of the missing images.
    Thank you David, I'm going to get right on it. I'll keep you informed! (I used to do that kinda stuff with the Canon and I never ran into problems )

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    12
    David, it doesn't show the card in the Image Recovery: Select Card screen. :S
    It's inserted well and shows in My computer as well as "Secure Digital storage device".. but just not in the software?

    The card is not locked or anything.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,173
    I've always used a USB card reader for downloads and image recovery. I find it easier and quicker for regular downloads and really helpful in situations like this. They only cost $10-15. Otherwise I don't have any suggestions.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by David Metsky View Post
    I've always used a USB card reader for downloads and image recovery. I find it easier and quicker for regular downloads and really helpful in situations like this. They only cost $10-15. Otherwise I don't have any suggestions.
    I used to have a USB card reader, and I simply can't seem to find it which is why I used the laptops internal card reader. Let me try to find it..

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    12
    Meanwhile, is there any other software you recommend?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    12
    I called the manufacturer of the SD card and asked them what do they recommend, and they said the "Recovery team" uses MediaRECOVER (for which they charge $100 btw). So, I bought it for $30 and now I'm running an advanced scan on it. Got my fingers crossed!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    12
    Good news!
    I got most of the pictures back, but I think I lost most of the videos?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    12
    Is there any way at all to recover some of those videos?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •