Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down Nikon Coolpix S560 lost my pictures!!

Hi,

I had quite a few pictures and was transfering them to my PC using Picasa3. But unfortunately, the transfer was SO SLOW (I dunno why), that I decided to do the transfer later and so on Picasa3, I clicked cancel and then when it stopped, I unplugged. But as soon as I unplugged, I see a message for a millisecond that says "No pictures in memory" or something like that.

Next thing I know, there were NOOOOO pictures left on there!!
    First off, why the hell is the transfer so slow (I'm coming from Canon SD600, which was FAST) and second WHY DID IT DELETE ALL MY PICTURES!!!! And is there any way to recover them?

Either way, right after this, I went out and took more pictures and now I'm copying them to PC using Picasa3.. but I wanna get my old pics backkkkk

Quote Originally Posted by Devileyezz View Post
    Either way, right after this, I went out and took more pictures and now I'm copying them to PC using Picasa3.. but I wanna get my old pics backkkkk
    This was a mistake. If you have problems with a memory card DO NOT take more pictures until you've recovered them. You may have overwritten the images that you want to save. Do not use that card for anything until you're satisfied that you got everything off that card that you want.

Grab a free copy of Image Rescue and follow the instructions. You may be able to recover some or all of the missing images.

Quote Originally Posted by David Metsky View Post
    This was a mistake. If you have problems with a memory card DO NOT take more pictures until you've recovered them. You may have overwritten the images that you want to save. Do not use that card for anything until you're satisfied that you got everything off that card that you want.

Grab a free copy of Image Rescue and follow the instructions. You may be able to recover some or all of the missing images.
    Thank you David, I'm going to get right on it. I'll keep you informed! (I used to do that kinda stuff with the Canon and I never ran into problems )

David, it doesn't show the card in the Image Recovery: Select Card screen. :S
    It's inserted well and shows in My computer as well as "Secure Digital storage device".. but just not in the software?

The card is not locked or anything.

I've always used a USB card reader for downloads and image recovery. I find it easier and quicker for regular downloads and really helpful in situations like this. They only cost $10-15. Otherwise I don't have any suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by David Metsky View Post
    I've always used a USB card reader for downloads and image recovery. I find it easier and quicker for regular downloads and really helpful in situations like this. They only cost $10-15. Otherwise I don't have any suggestions.
    I used to have a USB card reader, and I simply can't seem to find it which is why I used the laptops internal card reader. Let me try to find it..

Meanwhile, is there any other software you recommend?

I called the manufacturer of the SD card and asked them what do they recommend, and they said the "Recovery team" uses MediaRECOVER (for which they charge $100 btw). So, I bought it for $30 and now I'm running an advanced scan on it. Got my fingers crossed!

Good news!
    I got most of the pictures back, but I think I lost most of the videos?

Is there any way at all to recover some of those videos?