Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Problem with easyshare Z730 driver

Hello everyone,

please i need to solve folowing problem:

I've lost my instal. CD for my dig. photo cam Kodak easyshare z 730

In the meantime i reinstaled my PC and driver is cleared. By the way, I use OS Windows 2000.
    Now, i cannot find at i-net new driver in .exe file. (To be honest i had same situation two yeras ago also but i did it - i downloaded it from some german website). I search it almost whole week but with no success. I dowloaded .exe file but when i try to open it after the few second appers window with folowing mesage:

" Kodak Easy share was unable to finish your task (Error code 11x19x214549)
    would you like togo on-line solution?
    yes - No

But if I make choise "YES" it takes me away at kodak'web site where i have to download esyshare softwer -but no one supports OS windows 2000 And here is the circle closed !

I read informations that Kodak does't support this photo camera any more and that is the reason why it is so difficult to find and download it. (???)

a) Is it possible to maybe to dowload some other Kodak's driver supports easyshare z730 ???

b) Maybe somebody knows for some web site or link where i can find it or you could sugest me what i could do.

c) finnaly maybe somebody has orginal CD driver (or copy) for easyshare z730 , i shall pay for it , just please send ut to me.

Excuse me for a little bit longer message.

Thanx for help forward.

Alex, Netherlands

Easyshare not so easy?

Hey there Alex...

You don't really need Kodak's Easyshare software at all unless (I think) you're using a docking station.

I'd recommend the free download of Picasa from this site which will allow you to download your images from the camera, and also let you carry out image editing, resizing and filing.

Hope this helps

Hi Beowulff,

thank you for trying to help me. But could you describe me (just at short) wich tasks i have to use for importing images from my camera to pc?? program is splendid !!! especualy for manageing the pics and video clips but I still do not understand what i have to use for importing the pics.
    Ordinary, before, when i had normal driver was enough if i turned on camera and importing was going automatic., what i have to do now ???

Thanx once more !!

Alex

Hi ince more Beowullf,

in the mean time i've found option (task) "importing" (at the left corner up) but it seems program ( Picasa 3) can not detect my camera ???!!!? It permanetnly showes me that "no any aparat (camera) is conected" !!! Maybe i do't do it hronologicly as well.Maybe i have to turn on the camera the first, or first to start up program, or what ???? I tried all combinaions but - no success , unfortunately.
    By the way when you say "docking station" what is practicly means ??

Thanx.

Alex

Picasa tutorials...

Hi Alex...

Picasa should automatically detect your camera (I'm assuming you're using a USB cable to connect it to your PC). I'm using a card reader on my PC, as I find it quicker and easier than using a cable, and the PC treats it as just another drive.

There's quite a good video tutorial about using Picasa if you click the link HERE.

Check out in particular the chapter on Importing pictures From a Camera.

Please let me know if the guy's accent is too strong on the videos for you, as I'm guessing English isn't your native tongue?

This is the docking station I was talking about:

Kodak Camera Dock Series 3

Let's know if you're still having problems.

Cheers

Hello Beowullf,
    No, No and No !!!...unfortunately.
    I tried everything -Picasa simply CAN NOT detect my camera.I turned it on and i expected atomatical importing (transfer) but after the switching of chapter "importing" - nothing !!!

One friend of mine gave me also driver of some newer model (newer than i have ES Z 730) (it is something like DZ 7182...or similliar, i am not shure) but that software doesn 't support windows 2000.

It is total SH...T camarad !!!I am so disappointed by Kodak, if they want new costumers...i don't know , but it is certainly way it has to go !!! Begin of this moment I realy begin antikodak propaganda between my friens, belive me...and as i saw at several forums and lot of other poeple are disappointed too becouse they have similliar problems.
    What i have to do ??to switch OS win 2000 for win xp only becouse of it ??? no way !!! They can f..ck them self together with supporting softwares 7.0 and 6.4 and..blah, blah,blah....
    I've decided not to make my nervs becouse of this stupidness.
    Finally i am thinking about possibility to buy external card reader (i hope that exist that possibility) becouse my lap top has no integrated card reader (i have some older mashine, gericom with pentium III processor, but i am emotional conected with this pc and i am satisfated with it.Old thing, but good and loyal thing !!!)

Thank you for explenation about "dock station" , in fact i know what is it but under the simplier name (smile). You 've got right, english is not my mothertongue language and of course mine excuses for eventual misunderstanding at my previous messages.
    If you stop sometimes in Europe, in Netherlands, in Rotterdam - i invite you on beer, just give me to know earlier about it (liberty1969@lycos.com).

Thanx once more camarad for kindness and willing to help me.
    Best wishes,
    Greetings to Melburne !!!

Alex