Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Charger for Eneloop batteries

Which is the ideal charger for charging eneloop batteries?
    Can I use the old "Sanyo 2hr charger for NiMH batteries" for eneloop also?
    Canon EOS 1000D with 18-55 EF-S IS
    Canon PowerShot A95

My Flickr Photos

Yes, any NiMH charger will work fine.

As David says. And as with any charger, slower is better for battery life.
    Adam
    -------------
    Canon 60D & lenses & flashes & stuff
    A bunch of cheap vintage film cameras

My Etsy store

Thank you, David and Adam.
    Canon EOS 1000D with 18-55 EF-S IS
    Canon PowerShot A95

My Flickr Photos

You get what you pay for in chargers. If you use a cheap 2 hour charger you will get cheap 2 hour charger results and ultimately shorten the working life of the batteries considerably.

The best charger is the Maha MH-C9000. It's worth the price not only for your Eneelops but for every other A or AA rechargeable battery you own.

You have paid good money for quality batteries don't waste it with a rubbish charger.

Ouch.....

Quote Originally Posted by K1W1 View Post
    ..... ultimately shorten the working life of the batteries considerably.
    Do you have any specific links to data that support the claim that "cheap" chargers will shorten your batteries' life "considerably" or is this factoid conjured up by companies such as Maha, who wanna charge us AU$90 for a relatively simple bit of technology that costs a third of that from anybody else.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulff View Post
    Do you have any specific links to data that support the claim that "cheap" chargers will shorten your batteries' life "considerably" or is this factoid conjured up by companies such as Maha, who wanna charge us AU$90 for a relatively simple bit of technology that costs a third of that from anybody else.

Cheers
    Not sure if this answers your question, but I have a Powerex C401FS charger. It has a Slow and Fast charge mode. The instructions say to use the slow mode to preserve battery life. I guess since most "cheap" chargers seem to be the 15 minute kind, it is "inferred" that they would shorten battery life due to the hot fast charge?

Assault on a battery?

Quote Originally Posted by outpost05 View Post
    Not sure if this answers your question, but I have a Powerex C401FS charger. It has a Slow and Fast charge mode. The instructions say to use the slow mode to preserve battery life. I guess since most "cheap" chargers seem to be the 15 minute kind, it is "inferred" that they would shorten battery life due to the hot fast charge?
    Thanks.....

I was interested in this because I've been using a couple of "cheap" $20 chargers for a few years now (including for Eneloops) and I haven't noticed any degradation of the batteries' overall longevity or charging/discharge rates. In comparison, the Powerex sells in Aussieland for nearly ninety dollars. Ouch.

Cheers

I've got a LaCrosse BC-700 that's been working well with my Eneloops and other Ni-MH batteries. It's got variable charge rates, a "refresh" mode, etc. for (currently) about $30 from Amazon.

I bought a MAHA MH-C800S eight Cell Quick Battery
    charger along with 16 Powerex 2700's. so far everyth8ng works great.
    It has a sow charge and fast and a condition setting which will discharge the batteries and recharge them individually.
    Mike
    My MaxPreps Profile
    Canon 1D MK III; 40D; Canon 17-40 f/4; Tamron 28-75 f/2.8; Canon 135 f/2; Canon 70-200 F/2.8L IS; Sigma 120-300 f/2.8; Canon 100-400L, Sigma 1.4x TC and 2x TC.
    Sigma EF-500 DG Super; Canon 580EX II; Canon Offshoe Cord 2
    Manfroto 679B Monopod; Slik Pro 500 Tripod