Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Samsung 310 goes Beep Beep & shuts down

My new(2 months) Samsung 310 worked well when I got it, I did not use it much. Last week I turned it on, the lens went out, it went Beep Beep, the lens retracted and it turned off. I thought the battery could be low, so I charged it. That was not the problem. I took the battery out, put it back in. The battery is fine, I tested it. I did not drop the camera. I spoke with Samsung, they said I must send it to a service center, which I would rather not do. ANn suggestions why all of a sudden this acts weird?

Nancy

On the blink...

When the lens extends, and as it beeps, do you get any error message on the LCD? Do you see anything on its LCD, or does it show nothing?

I don't know where you're located, but downunder we simply take the camera back to the place we bought it from if it needs warranty service. The store then has to organise a repair and/or a one-for-one replacement (depending on the store's returns policy).

Samsung can hardly expect you, the owner, to pack and pay for delivery and insurance back to their service centre whilst it's still under warranty. Very cheeky!

Good luck.

No message

No message as the monitor does not even light up. So far, Samsung is being good. I called them up, got to talk with a real person within a few minutes, and they actually spoke understandable English, and they said they would send me a mailing label for free postage to the service center. So, I have my fingers crossed. It is not a good sign when a two month old camera goes on the blink, and I have not used it much at all. so, we will see.

Nancy

Samsung can hardly expect you, the owner, to pack and pay for delivery and insurance back to their service centre whilst it's still under warranty. Very cheeky!

Good luck.
    Actually, they can. That is the standard procedure from nearly every manufacturer's warranty in the USA.
    Pentax K20D/K5/15/21/40/70/10-17/12-24, Sigma 17-70 2.8-4.5/150-500, Tamron 90 Macro/70-200 2.8, Canon SX20 IS/Elph 500HS
    (formerly Pentax 50 1.4/50-200/55-300/K100D, Sigma 18-50 2.8/70-300 APO, Tamron 28-75, Viv 800, Tele-Tokina 800, Canon S3 IS, Samsung L210)
    http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q78/KylePix/