Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Thread: Dimage A 1

Dimage A 1

Has anyone been successful in getting Sony to repair their A 1 (CCD image sensor) free since the close of the recall in 2008? I never got the notice, because I bought the camera used and now I have a choice of $211 for the repair or buy a new camera. My CCD failed. I have ablack screen.

Thanks for any help

Sony Service Sucks!

I had a Konica Minolta DiMage Z3 it was a great camera. One day it just stopped working during a photo shoot. The zoom lens wouldn’t focus or move. I took my camera to Sony as the authorized repair place and they kept it for over a month and gave me nothing but the run around. They finally told me it would cost over 100 bucks to fix and after I agreed they still didn’t do anything to fix it. Their sales person tried to sell me a new Sony camera saying my old camera just wasn’t worth it and Sony’s were much better.

I had to pay $25.00 to get my Konica camera back from Sony for thier service evaluation charge even without them doing any repair on my camera. I simply went out and bought a new Canon and will never do business with Sony for any reason inthe future.

Now I am trying to figure out where and how to get my Konica Minolta camera fixed as well. By the way I love the new Canon Power Shot SX IS I bought.
    Last edited by oiram; 03-17-2009 at 09:05 PM.