Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Question Digimax S 1000 Power

My Digimax S 1000 sometimes powers on,and sometimes does not.
    Any suggestion,what could be the problem,and how to fix it!
    Thanks for the asistance!

Time to Trade Up?

I'd be guessing that it's an electro-mechanical fault in the switch mechanism itself (particularly if it turns on after repeatedly depressing the power switch).

As it's now (in digital camera terms) an "old" camera, it's probably not worth paying a camera technician to check it out for you. Any possible repairs may well cost you more than what the camera's worth.

And for these sorts of potential repair costs, you're probably better off getting a new and up-to-date model.

For example, for less than $200 you could buy a Canon A720 IS which will give you superior images to the Samsung, and with more zoom.

Cheers

Thank you for the reply. That is what I was thinking the problem was!. I will try to take it apart ,just to experiment with it!

Sometimes small particles (dust, sand) may interfere the connection between the power-on button and the contact that triggers the power-up itself. So it might not be necessary to take it apart rather then just give it a good blow (not with compressed air from a can). A friend of mine had recently the same problem (though it was another brand camera) where the power-on button was very exposed - a good cleaning helped and brought the camera back to normal working condition.

Cheers
    Virgil