Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Help with deleting pics

How do I delete all pics at one time from my Samsung S860 camera? I don't see a single mechanism that allows that to take place. I've in the past simply plugged in my camera to my PC via USB cable and deleted them via removable drive options, otherwise, I can only delete them one at a time, and taking hundreds of pics is extremely time-consuming.

What do I do to delete all pics at once from my camera?

Thanks

I looked at the S860 user manual online. Page 63 describes how to do this. It looked to me you just use the arrow button down to select "all" when you are on the file delete screen. Good luck
    Spook
    Canon EOS 50D,7D and some lens and equipment.
    Fuji F200 Exr

Or you could just reformat the card within the camera...

Quote Originally Posted by Spookonthe8ball View Post
    I looked at the S860 user manual online. Page 63 describes how to do this. It looked to me you just use the arrow button down to select "all" when you are on the file delete screen. Good luck
    Spook
    That's just it, there is no "all" to select, only "yes" and "no" and that deletes an individual pic

If information in the user manual doesn't work, try reformatting the card like
    rx morph suggested. That will remove All pictures as well. You might also make sure you don't have a setting selected that protects deleting the pictures.
    Spook
    Canon EOS 50D,7D and some lens and equipment.
    Fuji F200 Exr

Thanks, however, how do I reformat the card? Do I plug in via USB and delete that way or what other way? There is no option to "format" on the camera that I can find

Ok figured it out.. unfortunately the online manual does not exactly tell you how to do it (or else you can't tell by looking at the camera)

You go to "playback" mode and then click "Menu/OK" center button, then from there click the right arrow to "Playback" where you will FINALLY see the selection to delete "select" or "all"