Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Camera helps to make the photographer better

Just found this revolutionary article, a bit late but never mind. Just in case anyone missed it. Make sure you read the end bit just to clear up any confusion
    http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/misc/frt-1.html
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

Over the decades I've shot with anything that came my way that had a lens or a pinhole on just about anything that would record an image. For the most part, I've enjoyed exploring and experiencing each one. From view cameras to tiny 35's.

A camera is a tool and there's a lot of science behind photography before you even reach the art of photography. But none of that makes a difference if you can't make a unique shot of a typical thing.

Once red eye reduction was enough. There's cameras with a "slimming feature", now there's face detection, smile detection, hold the shutter until the smile is detected and now a stick a smile on a face feature. Next there will be add a virtual friend, virtual family and virtual significant other feature. Maybe add a virtual pet, too. For the follicle challenged there will be an "add hair" feature, for those in need of a gym there will be an "add abs" feature and for those who resemble a sharpei there will be a "virtual botox" function. Of course, I'm being ridiculous.

None of these tricks matter if you can't take a picture with a box camera. A pro can pick up anything and make magic happen.

Ken--it might help you to understand that the article was from April 1st.

Adam
    -------------
    Canon 60D & lenses & flashes & stuff
    A bunch of cheap vintage film cameras

My Etsy store

Missed that. But my comments about all the in camera gimmicks hold. Now that the article is out, wait for it, the features in the article will show up in some prototype show...