Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

blooflame Guest

Poll? re: Kodak Carousel slide tray film scanners?

I'm trying to get an idea of how much of a market there would be for a product, so I can tell film scanner manufacturers about it (I don't work in the camera/scanner industry at all).

Since Kodak has discontinued the Carousel slide projectors, I'd like to scan all of my trays of slides. My preferred method, however, would be a film scanner that accepted Carousel trays.

How many others would buy a scanner that was built to scan a whole tray of slides at a time?

rls Guest

scanning kodak carousel slides

i too have many, many carousel trays of slides i want to scan and it would be wonderful to be able to connect. i am using a high end Epson Perfection V700 but it requires inserting one by one into a plastic holder that only takes 12.

If you have any ideas, i would be grateful.

rls

Did anything ever come of the search for a film scanner that feeds from Kodak trays? I would certainly be interested in one!

Uh.....

You do realise this thread is nearly FIVE years old Eric?

Just checkin'

Don't be lazy, take them out of the trays, clean them and then scan them in whatever scanner you can afford.

There are bulk and single image scanners available, just do a google search to compare types.

Oh be prepared to invest lots of time doing it.
    D800, D300, D90, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200VR f2.8, 300 F4, 105 micro, 16-85VR, 50mm 1.8, Tammy 90 macro, 70-300VR, SB900, 2xSB600, MB-D10, 055XPROB 322RC2. New computers to run photoshop faster. C&C always appreciated. PhotoGallery
    Pressing the shutter is the start of the process - Joe McNally ... Buying the body is the start of the process - Dread Pirate