Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Thread: L10 review

L10 review

Hi Jeff,

thanks for finishing the L10 review. I had been curious what you thought for weeks. Your bottom line: expensive, seems in line with many other reviews which are presently emerging.

Though looking at your sample pictures, e.g. the (in-)famous church, I think you could have given more credit to the lens. The corner sharpness on this on (e.g. bushes, cross on-top) is clearly ahead of most of what you have shown us over the years (this image is typically what I check first). Also chromatic aberration in the tower-block to the right is very low. With many cameras you can see clear fringing between the white and the dark windows.

I am a bit inclined to call this "A camera set for lovers of fine lenses". Thanks for reading.

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    Hi Jeff,
    Though looking at your sample pictures, e.g. the (in-)famous church, I think you could have given more credit to the lens. The corner sharpness on this on (e.g. bushes, cross on-top) is clearly ahead of most of what you have shown us over the years (this image is typically what I check first). Also chromatic aberration in the tower-block to the right is very low. With many cameras you can see clear fringing between the white and the dark windows.
    I think I gave the lens plenty of credit... I even mentioned it in the "what i liked" section, which is unusual:

Impressive kit lens has nice range, optical image stabilization

I think the lens is great, though as far as purple fringing goes, don't forget that the Venus III engine has a lot to do with that.
    Jeff Keller
    Founder/Editor, Digital Camera Resource Page

Nice review Jeff

More interactive than the usual reviews which was a nice touch. Only question I have is does the L10 have the ability to do depth of field preview like the Olympus E510 does?
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them