Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

New Panasonic DSLR?

No sorry not new news but just a question. I was looking at the specs for the Oly 410 & 510 & was wondering as Pana have links with Oly & have gone the 4/3rds route if we would be seeing a similar Panasonic model to the Oly 510 perhaps with a Leica lens in the near future? At an entry level price too? Anyone got any thoughts/info?
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

410 review
    http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/came...35/page_1.html
    510 not in release yet

Panasonic announced an intention to produce 2 dSLRs over the next few years
    the first will be a cheap dSLR in the region of US$300-$400.
    The replacement for L1 is rumoured but it isnt known if this is one and the same as the news suggested. I suspect not

http://news.com.com/Panasonic+plans+...l?tag=nefd.top
    Riley

Pentax 110 auto SLR

Hmmm

Thanks Riley very interesting - looks like I might wait a bit longer before jumping to a dslr.

getting hard to know when to jump isnt it

just an aside
    i have several acquaintances that have a number of 4/3rds bodies now
    i guess one of the advantages of the type, is that there are now more interesting and varied cameras available.
    Riley

Pentax 110 auto SLR

Jump in now

What seems to me to be happening, the L1 was not holding the value as the Digilux 3.. brand or whatever. A mistake as this is a great camera.... the lens is now how the kit is valued. New Oly's will have shake reduction in sensor so that seems to be cutting off the ISO lens track to success
    What the heck.. I think the L1 may be just a Leica Digilux series... a one timers like the previous incarnations.... see the LC1
    At the prices we can get today, I doubt anyone would be a loser getting the L! kit before it is too late. In a few years the lens will feth more than the camera kit. Yet the L1 works great with OLY, Sigma 4/3 lens
    and the new LX250 25mm f1.4 is not ISO.
    Why were all those lens recalled? Why is the L1 is so heavily discounted
    now, with US warranty to boot. There is almost no risk buying the kit now.. check the price for the lens at B&H or J&R.... what? free body.. now there is a deal. No reason I can think of for not jumping in now. I know this, you will not be sorry.
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Lumix FZ20
    DMC L1

Not quite free

I just looked at B&H the Camera is $1299 & the lens is $949 so my maths says that the camera body is $350 & not exactly free. It's cheap for what it is but still not free!