Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Thread: Caplio R6

Question Caplio R6

Is this available in the US?

Is it as great as it sounds for a shirt pocket ultra zoom?

larry

Quote Originally Posted by LPSLPS View Post
    Yes, it is. popflash.com (located in California) has the R6, and adorama.com may too. They have other Ricoh models in stock, but I don't see the R6 listed.

This review suggests that it is.

Prog.

R6 is a beautiful camera

Quote Originally Posted by LPSLPS View Post

larry
    I got the R6 some days ago. I really like it until now.
    I did not find any problem sofar. Because of the smaller sensor this camera produces more noise at low light conditions than my Canon PS A80 does. The Canon has a rotating LCD display, but much smaller and lower resolution than the R6. One thing i would have liked is an optical viewfinder. The LCD display at the R6 is 2.7 inch big and is bright enough. So the LCD is quite usable at difficult light conditions.
    There is very little purple fringing visible, which is way better than my A80.
    The R6 could be compared with the TZ3 from Panasonic. The size and the optical zoom (7.1x) are smaller. For the rest i like this R6 camera better. It is much smaller and still has nice features. It produces good pictures with nice natural colours. A good user manual is included on CD and on paper.
    Everyone can download this manual (PDF) from the Ricoh site.
    The lens does not rattle and also does not produce to much noise when zooming. In fact the lens of the A80 is noisier.
    Last edited by gsm; 05-01-2007 at 06:56 AM.

lenow@masslaborlaw.com Guest

R6 is a Great Little Camera

I waited a long time for the Caplio R6 and I am very happy with it. It is as small as any ultracompact and fits in your shirt pocket. The wide angle and long zoom are wonderful and most of your regular picture taking is covered. It is not an SLR and the quality will not match the great cameras, but for the pictures that you would not get because you didn't have a little camera handy, the pictures are just wonderful. I love the folks at Popflash. They will take a lot of time to answer your questions and they know what they are talking about. It was refreshing to buy from a mail order that actually is a Ricoh dealer and is actually willing to explain the camera and its features. I looked hard at the Panasonic TZ3, but it was just big enough to be outside the ultracompact size I was looking for.