Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

openhouse Guest

Question Panasonic FX 50 ?

I am interested in a review or opinion of this camera, but is conspicuously absent from everywhere. Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by openhouse View Post
    I am interested in a review or opinion of this camera, but is conspicuously absent from everywhere. Please help.
    you might get more attention in the Panasonic forum

cheers
    Riley

Pentax 110 auto SLR

my Opinion of FZ50

Overall I like mine. But with some reservations. I feel like the camera should focus better at the 12x and higher or if you are using 8EZ or lower. What I have been using it for is pictures of birds which is very difficult. Even setting the focus on spot the camera has difficulty focusing. But to tell the truth it is very difficult to hold it still at these magnifications. But the manual focus ability helps. I have gotten some good pictures and when I compare with some I took with a Canon digital Rebel with 75-300 image stabilization a lot of the pictures are just as good.

I think the camera would be just fine for landscape and family type pictures.

Attached are a couple of pictures. The yellow bird was shot at 12x in shadow and picture cropped. The one in the tree was very difficult and had to use manual focus on both.

The question was about a FX-50 not the FZ-50, that aside I like the bird photo's. What I do on my FZ-20 to steady the camera if time permits is use the ELF and let the camera brace against me face or my glasses. That ELF is good for some extra stops on the shutter speed to.
    Minolta X370, 35mm, 50mm; Vivitar 28-80 zoom; Auto Spira-Tel 200mm, 300mm; JC Penney 80-200 zoom;12mm, 20mm, 36mm extension tubes, 2X & 3X teleconverters
    Sony Mavica FD-83
    FZ-20; 62mm Pemaraal Adapter; TCON-17; Hoya SHMC UV; Kenko Circular Polarizar; Tiffen ND 6, Sky 1-A
    Vivitar 2800-D flash; Spiratone Tripod

Fx 50?

Didn't read close enough, had to look up on internet.

What is ELF?
    may be a dumb question but couldn't find it in my owners manual or perhaps it goes by another name.

I mistyped it, should be EVF...electronic view finder.
    Minolta X370, 35mm, 50mm; Vivitar 28-80 zoom; Auto Spira-Tel 200mm, 300mm; JC Penney 80-200 zoom;12mm, 20mm, 36mm extension tubes, 2X & 3X teleconverters
    Sony Mavica FD-83
    FZ-20; 62mm Pemaraal Adapter; TCON-17; Hoya SHMC UV; Kenko Circular Polarizar; Tiffen ND 6, Sky 1-A
    Vivitar 2800-D flash; Spiratone Tripod