Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Angry OPTIO A10 - uploading video problems

I have a pentax optio a10, and I am having trouble with Videos. I can playack the videos on the camera just fine, but when i try and upload it, it only uploads the sound from the video, not the actual video. And it doesnt matter if I upload using the USB cord or inserting the mem card directly into my laptop. I have no clue what is going on. If someone could help me that would be greatly appreciated. Please! Thanks!
    Last edited by Chantal86; 09-20-2007 at 03:59 PM. Reason: added more info

If you have ANY suggestions that would be appreciated!! PLEASE!

When you look at the files with the card in the computer are the files the same size as after you copy them? Have you tried another computer? Perhaps the files are copied just fine and your computer doesn't have the right codecs to play it.

-dave-

Thanks Dave,

It is the same size pre- and post- uploading.

Also, when I open the file directly from the mem card it only plays the sound. It is .avi format, and it says 'video clip'

When windows media player opens it, it says "aquiring codec" then "codec acquired" then it plays, but again, only sound (with accompanying default windows media player graphics"

I have also tried opening it with InterWin DVD.

I have also emailed it to someone and gotten them to open it and it again only plays sound.

I really have no clue, as pictures upload just fine, and with the videos the sound is there and they play the entire length of what I recorded. I am stumped. I dont know if it is a memory card issue, a camera issue, or a pc issue

mom01 Guest

OPTIO A10 - uploading video problems

I have exactly the same problem, same camera and only get sound when i upload the videos.

I tried on my dad's computer, a very old one with windows 2000, and the videos play perfectly... i have windows xp, but he lives on another country and i can't go to his place each time i want to see my videos!

Please, if anyone have any suggestion it'd be very very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Can you post a small video file on the web somewhere for us to look at?

DivX codec

You need to download the DivX codec... you can get it here:

http://www.divxmovies.com/codec/

I had the same problem and this solved it.

:-) Amy