Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Feedback on Butterfly Photo? or any suggestions?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Everyone,

Longtime lurker, first-time poster.

I plan on buying a Digital Rebel from an Online store but am a little wary of which one to choose.

So, I decided to consult the dealer list attached to the DCresource.com website and choose one of these vendors. However, I'm not entirely sure if dcresource.com stands behind these retailers, meaning if they list the shop, then it's safe to buy from?

Anyhow, has anyone purchased from Butterfly Photo? They seem to offer a competitive (not rock bottom, but that's ok) price. What are your experiences in dealing with them?

Also, does anyone have a favourite online vendor they like to deal with?

I've noted Ernest's red flag about camerapot.
    I've also read pderbidge's reply about butterfly, I'm just looking for a little more info. That info was especially useful.
    Last edited by Rossi; 12-03-2004 at 10:58 PM.

bought my fz20 2 weeks ago from butterflyphoto. no problems at all...was best price at the time. the sales rep asked me if i wanted some extra accesories, but no pressure. ordered on sat and arrived wed. the free shipping they advertise is us mail, but i paid 10 dollars extra for fed exp 2nd day. no problem in reccomending them. their web site says 14 day refund, the packing info said 10 day?? not sure about that, but just check your purchase right away.

I ordered from butterfly photo as well i ordered the fuji 5100 but not satified enough with the camera so exchanged it for the panasonic fz3, For butterfly photo there is complaints on them on bbb.org but i have no problems with them.....

Butterfly Photo did not deliver

I would NOT recommend anyone use Butterfly Photo. On Dec. 6th I ordered a Sony DSC F828 camera. Two days later I got the sales phone call to try and sell me additional stuff. I politely declined and the sales rep. said they would proceed with my order. After 6 days I called to find out the status ... no camera or shipping information had been received. I left messages for 3 days because I could not get anyone on the phone ... and I never received a call back or email response. Finally after 3 more phone calls and more than an hour on hold I got "customer service" and was told the order was canceled and they had no cameras in stock. Butterfly photo is a lousy operation.

Abes of main i here is good and reasonable

ButterflySucks Guest

Butterfly Photo can't fly

I would DEFINITELY NOT buy from Butterfly Photo again, not only did I receive the proverbial sales call after making the online purchase (like biscuitdog's story), but then they sent the wrong charger (rip at 49.99 and accessory kit). Neither fit the Sony camera that THEY shipped -- yes, they shipped accessories that did not fit the camera. WHAT A JOKE. When I called they said to send it back, which I did, but they NEVER sent the correct stuff, did not credit my card, and then refused to reply to emails and letters. SO THEY HAVE THE ACCESSORIES BACK AND MY MONEY!! I am now in the credit card complaint stage. THESE GUYS ARE BAD. STAY AWAY, VERY FAR AWAY!!!
    Last edited by ButterflySucks; 05-04-2005 at 02:11 PM.

anna3730 Guest

Butterfly came through ...

I too had tried to research feedback on Butterfly photo as they offer good prices but the Brooklyn address made me nervous after reading feedback on other Brooklyn based electronics discounters. I had a very good experience, ordered a Sony camcorder on Sunday (12-188-05) night, got "the call" from customer service on Monday (asking to call them back about the order). They did try to sell me accessories, I declined, and then waited (had read horror stories about how they would hold the order, keep calling back, etc.) But the camera arrived Thursday morning! I would classify these guys as a hard sell organization, but they are not swindlers. Good luck.

It is important to note that DCRP does not endorse any of the sites listed, but merely lists them as a service. I would imagine they assume no liability for anything that could go wrong
    Canon Rebel XT
    No decent glass... yet

Hi guys, first day on the forum.

I ordered my Lumix FZ5 on Butterfly this past December and had no problems. Granted, the did try to sell me an extended warranty and an extra battery at the "sale" price of $49, but I declined and they went through with my order. I got my camera very cheap, about 330 plus shipping, and I have no complaints. The camera came with everything and a full warranty. The thing to remember when ordering from stores like Butterfly is that it seems like they make money off of their accessories, so buy the camera, don't buy any accessories, and be firm about your stance. If they try to screw you, your credit card company will be on your side. So good luck, and remember, NO ACCESSORIES!

I ordered my Fuji S5200 and had no problems what-so-ever. The salesman did try to sell me extra batteries, etc, but when i refused, he said ok.

Got my camera on time (next day shipping) and everything was fine. I have heard horror stories about this company though.
    Proud new owner of a KM A200