Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sony DSC F707

jbiggs114 Guest

Question sony DSC F707

i haven't used my F707 in a while. i took it out charged it and started shooting but the flash is not coming up. the flash is Not in the off mode. it is turned on. i can't find my instruction book so i have ordered one but don't want to wait. i need to use my camera indoors. can someone help?

wilmette Guest

flash problem

same thing happened to me. I don't remember if it was linked to having the camera off, though. Beats me as to what the problem is. Just wanted you to know that it's not just you.

Wink Cybershot DSC-F707 Flash Problems

Set the camera to LCD screen view and the mode switch to auto or shutter/aperature priority. Push the 4 position switch located to the upper right of the LCD screen in at the top until a lightning bolt appears in the upper left hand corner of the LCD. This mandates the flash to the "ON" position. Try shooting a couple of pictures and see if it fixes the problem. If not, repost with an email address and we'll work it out. Bigfoot out.

tlehmann Guest

sony dsc f707 flash trouble

The flash on my Sony DSC F707 won't pop up, even when the force flash (lightning bolt) is on. Sounds like a problem similar to the others. Thanks for any advice.

Thinking of buying a used 707 w/ flash not coming up

Very interested in solution if anyone has found one. No user's booklet

with camera in Pawn Shop. Everything seems to work but the flash won't

pop up. Went through reset all exercize, checked for anything plugged into

external flash receptacle. Put flash on off/forced, etc... but it just doesn't

want to come up. Would buy if I know the cost or solution. They are asking

$275 at the current time but suspect it will eventually go down if no one

buys it. I have an 828 currently and am looking at a cheap toss around

for casual use. Thanks for any info folks. Dave

User's manual for f707

The user's manual for the f707 as well as most other Sony user manuals can be downloaded for free from Sony's website.

foxy-abby Guest

sony f707 flash

My first post here. I also went to use my sony f707 the other day and found the flash was not working. I have it set on the lightning bolt, checked the modes, searched through the manual, and I have gotten nowhere. Hoping someone has found the solution to this problem. Mine is not even 3 years old, and it has lived an easy life. Thanks.
    Jesse

Galaxy717 Guest

Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-707 Flash Problem

Dido with the flash problem. The quick fix approach that worked for me was to purchase a slave flash. These can be found on ebay from anywhere between $25 - $55. I haven't had any issues since. I don't know if this will work for everybody but it did for me.

Cheers

I had made a post a few days ago about the same problem. No matter what I do the flash just won't pop up. I hope someone will be able to find a solution to this.

I saw on ebay the service manual for this camera for $8 but I wasn't sure about getting it or not.

Matawanakee Guest

Flash will not pop up

I just turned on my F707 and the flash will not pop up. I believe it worked this past weekend. Any help would be appreciated. I even tried resetting the camera and still no pop up.

Thanks