Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Just ordered my LUMIX DMC FZ5K

I am so excited!! After DAYS of spending literally HOURS on the computer researching cameras I finally decided on the FZ5. I know I don't really "need" all the things the camera offers...but, I know I will enjoy it! I kept looking at other cameras people recommended...but, in the end I kept going back to this one! I plan to primarily use it for family photography...but, I am excited to learn all different kinds of photography...so I know the zoom will especially come in handy! Anyone have any tips or tricks for this camera or any advice! It will probably take me a long time just to figure it all out!! But, I am excited!!!

Congrats on your purchase, Enjoy it! If you have any questions once you start shooting, feel free to ask!
    Jason

"A coward dies a thousand deaths, a soldier dies but once."-2Pac

A bunch of Nikon stuff!

Thanks! I am sure I will! Is this a fairly easy camera to learn how to use? Or is it rather complicated? I read several reviews...but, they seemed to all be different about that!

Canon 350D
    Fuji Finepix f20

Just read the instruction and get to know all the little switches and buttons and their functions. Practice and see the effects. I don't think FZ are all that challenging to use.
    Nikon D90, D80
    Nikkor 16-85mm AF-S DX F/3.5-5.6G ED VR, Tamron SP AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) macro, Nikkor 50mm F/1.4D, Nikkor 50mm F/1.8D, Nikkor AF-S VR 70-300mm F/4.5-5.6G IF-ED, Sigma 105mm F/2.8 EX DG Macro ||| 2x SB800 | SB600 ||| Manfrotto 190XB

From where did you order it and for how much? Days and hours of research aren't unusual. Some people research it for months.

I ordered it from Ebay....new in the box for 224.00. So much cheaper than anywhere else! I would probably have spent more time researching...but, my son will be full term in 40 more days....so I wanted to have time to learn the camera before he gets here so I can get the best shots!! Babies change so fast!!

Canon 350D
    Fuji Finepix f20

Good choice. They are a nice camera - very dependable. You'll love the 12x zoom.

My tip : experience is the best way to learn. Take a lot of photos using various settings. Start out in heart mode if you're new to digicams. Later you can shoot in P, A, S, and M modes. Have fun.
    Canon EOS 10D
    Panny FZ20

PS - On second thought, I do have one good tip :

Shoot in as low ISO as possible because 400 ISO causes "noisy" photos. Use a tripod if you have to in order to reduce noise. 80 and 100 ISO most of the time and 200 once in a while should be good.

Panny makes great cams. I like them and I think you will too. Good choice.
    Canon EOS 10D
    Panny FZ20

Thanks! I took my first picture this morning! Just a quick picture...but I think the ISO was at 100. Any more tips I am all open...here is the picture.

Canon 350D
    Fuji Finepix f20

That's a nice shot. Very good!

You can get good shots out of 400 ISO too. You can get free noiseware to deal with that if you want to. If you reduce a noisy photo the noise will be less visible.

Shoot at maximum resolution most of the time (2560x19??) - that way you have room to crop and also reduce noise when you reduce the size for viewing.

Spot metering helps a lot to help prevent overexposured areas of a photo. It's the setting in the bottom 3 of the metering settings. when you point the camera at a subject with spot metering, you will see the camera adjust to the subject's lighting level. Try it.
    Canon EOS 10D
    Panny FZ20