Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sony Cybershot help PLEASE!!!

i have a Sony Cybershot digital camera, 5 megapixels, 10x precision digital zoom. i'm don't know what the model number is . i have no idea what the problem is, i brought it to my cabin and it worked completely fine the whole time i was there, then when i got home it looked like this

when i'm just looking around with the camera, it's all red, but when i take the pic, it turns all green like the above pic. can someone help me out with this please? your help is GREATLY appreciated.

Sounds like it might be the well known problem with the sensor.

Sony will replace/repair the camera if it is.

It has recently come to our attention that a limited number of Sony products that incorporate an image sensor device, or CCD, manufactured from October 2002 through March 2004 may exhibit the following condition:

When the product is used in camera mode, the LCD panel and/or electronic viewfinder exhibits either a distorted image or no image.

We have determined that this condition only occurs to a limited number of units, but may be accelerated if the units are exposed to high temperature and humidity environment.

In our efforts to ensure customer satisfaction, Sony will offer free out of warranty repair to the owners of applicable products exhibiting the above-mentioned condition.
    Find the make of your camera and see if its on this list.

Digital Still Cameras

DSC-F717; DSC-P10/S; DSC-P2/S; DSC-P31; DSC-P31M; DSC-P32; DSC-P32M; DSC-P51; DSC-P51M; DSC-P52; DSC-P52 M; DSC-P7; DSC-P71; DSC-P71M; DSC-P72; DSC-P72M; DSC-P8/L; DSC-P8/R; DSC-P8/S; DSC-P92; DSC-P92M; DSC-U10/S; DSC-U20/B; DSC-U20/LJ; DSC-U20/S; DSC-U30/H; DSC-U30/LJ; DSC-U30/S; DSC-U60; DSC-V1; MVC-CD250; MVC-CD250 M; MVC-CD400; MVC-CD500; MVC-FD100; MVC-FD100 M; MVC-FD200; and MVC-FD200 M.

Typical picture of the sensor problem.

thank you

that pic is exactly what is happening to the camera. and it probably was in a humid environment for a while.

videospare Guest

sony CCD

Sony CCD is defective in your camera.
    We support all Models of Sony diigtal cameras for repair parts.
    We can support you if you do not get satisfactory attention from the nearest sony service centers.

Pl.e mail me further.

yahoo messanger id: videospare@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by videospare View Post
    Sony CCD is defective in your camera.
    We support all Models of Sony diigtal cameras for repair parts.
    We can support you if you do not get satisfactory attention from the nearest sony service centers.

Pl.e mail me further.

yahoo messanger id: videospare@yahoo.com
    what exactly does the CCD do?
    You took a photo of what?

The CCD , Charge-Coupled Device, is the sensor in the camera.

A sensor in a digital camera is the equivalent of the film in a normal camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Sintares View Post
    The CCD , Charge-Coupled Device, is the sensor in the camera.

A sensor in a digital camera is the equivalent of the film in a normal camera.
    would have assumed that the memory or storage card is the film equivalent because that's where the image is found, however i'm assuming the film in a regular cam functions more that just storing the image.....

thanks...
    You took a photo of what?

As light falls onto film, the various layers of metallic salts change depending on the amount of light hitting the film.

A digital sensor acts like the film, collecting light by an array of photosites embedded into the chip. Each 'site or pixel measures the brightness of the light hitting it and when the shutter is pressed the values are recorded out to a processor that converts the signals typically into a compressed jpeg format or as a raw file and stores it in to the memory card.

All that expensive glass on a camera, the shutter, diaphram etc all do one thing, direct the correct amount of light onto a sensor.

A film camera can have that sensor removed, the film needs to be taken to be processed, while a digital cameras sensor remains, anything it captured has been recorded out to memory.

If it recorded out in raw, then like film, it needs to be processed before it can be viewed on a computer or printed, if recorded out to jpeg then most of the processing is done and it can be viewed by any computer and printed directly.

When you need to take exposures in lower light a film with a higher sensitivity can be used, larger grained salts are used thus the typical grainy look of photos taken with the more sensitive film.

Digital sensors can't be swapped out obviously, but simply have the signal they capture amplified , but that also increases "noise", thus for most consumer compacts you are limited to ISO 200 or below before the noise destroys too much of the pictures detail.
    Last edited by Sintares; 09-17-2006 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sintares View Post
    Sounds like it might be the well known problem with the sensor.

Sony will replace/repair the camera if it is.

Find the make of your camera and see if its on this list.

Digital Still Cameras

DSC-F717; DSC-P10/S; DSC-P2/S; DSC-P31; DSC-P31M; DSC-P32; DSC-P32M; DSC-P51; DSC-P51M; DSC-P52; DSC-P52 M; DSC-P7; DSC-P71; DSC-P71M; DSC-P72; DSC-P72M; DSC-P8/L; DSC-P8/R; DSC-P8/S; DSC-P92; DSC-P92M; DSC-U10/S; DSC-U20/B; DSC-U20/LJ; DSC-U20/S; DSC-U30/H; DSC-U30/LJ; DSC-U30/S; DSC-U60; DSC-V1; MVC-CD250; MVC-CD250 M; MVC-CD400; MVC-CD500; MVC-FD100; MVC-FD100 M; MVC-FD200; and MVC-FD200 M.

Typical picture of the sensor problem.
    DSC-F717--first one on the list.

multi burst

I have a Sony Cybershot 7.2 megapixels 3x zoom. Recently I took some photos with the camera set on multi burst. I do not understand how to get actual individual pictures off of the camera that were shot in this mode. When I tried to upload them into the computer each one had a bunch of small pics in it. I would really like to have individual prints from this shooting, what do/can I do???

HELP!