Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Leica Digilux 2 Images

A collection of images from various Leicas: R5, Minilux and Digilux 2.

Your comments and critiques are welcome at the bottom of each page.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/imagine
    Last edited by davephoto; 11-07-2005 at 03:33 AM.

Question Great gallery!

Quote Originally Posted by davephoto
    A collection of images from various Leicas: R5, Minilux and Digilux 2.

Your comments and critiques are welcome at the bottom of each page.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Imagine
    I thought a single comment here would take less time than commenting on each of your fine photos. Very nice stuff. I have yet to see any bad photos from either the Digilux 2 or its companion Panasonic DMC-LC1. Tell me, do you think these cameras have more color latitude, or just a better lens than other 5MP cameras? Any feeling for that?
    Let a be your umbrella!

amazing quality. the colors just pop out of the photos.

Great pictures!!! Just one question.....

Hi,

John Reed said in his post something about color lattitude. What is this, and I'm guessing from the post that more color lattitude is better? Thanks for answering an amateurs quetion!!

Andrew S.

Late Reply

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock
    Hi,

John Reed said in his post something about color lattitude. What is this, and I'm guessing from the post that more color lattitude is better? Thanks for answering an amateurs quetion!!

Andrew S.

Sherlock, my apologies for the extreme lateness of the reply, but I guess better late than never. I'll take a stab at answering your questions, but perhaps someone could add/correct where necessary. Color saturation refers to the ability to portray color with real richness and color rendition is the accuracy with which the actual color is portrayed. When you talk about latitude, you're normally referring to exposure latitude or the usability of over/under exposing. Traditionally, color film has a wide exposure latitude. Slide film and digital have much narrower latitudes. Exceeding the exposure limitations in digital often result in clipped or blown highlights. This happens often, especially with smaller sensors, including the one in the Digilux 2.
    Dave Leung

Image Gallery

updated site

The gallery website has moved to a new address:

Leica Photo Gallery

Any comments or criticisms I can learn from are always welcomed. Thanks for looking!
    Dave Leung

Image Gallery