Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising
 
 
 
   
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5

    No Nikon 8800 Review

    Jeff:

    I and some others have noticed that the 8800 is no longer on the list of digicams to be reviewed by you. Just wondering if there was any reason in particular that you no longer intend to review this camera, since you have reviewed all other flagship digicam models?

    Thanks.

    Tom

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bellevue, WA
    Posts
    1,206
    Quote Originally Posted by boschtb
    Jeff:

    I and some others have noticed that the 8800 is no longer on the list of digicams to be reviewed by you. Just wondering if there was any reason in particular that you no longer intend to review this camera, since you have reviewed all other flagship digicam models?
    You should be asking Nikon why they haven't sent one to me. I've requested one several times, and despite their promises, no 8400 or 8800 has materialized.
    Jeff Keller
    Founder/Editor, Digital Camera Resource Page

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5
    Jeff:

    Thanks for your response and I apologize if I implied that you dropped the ball on the review. I was writing because I have found your reviews very informative. Although I already have the 8800 and am very pleased with it, I find that your reviews often identify some of the latent issues and offer work arounds for them when possible.

    Thanks again for all of the work that goes into this site. Nikon and other manufacturers should realize what an asset you are and should send you production models as soon as they are available.

    Tom

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bellevue, WA
    Posts
    1,206

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by boschtb
    Nikon and other manufacturers should realize what an asset you are and should send you production models as soon as they are available.
    Now there's something we can both agree on! Too many manufacturers just don't care... we're #3 in the world but don't get treated like it!
    Jeff Keller
    Founder/Editor, Digital Camera Resource Page

  5. #5
    lijian Guest

    Patiently waitting for Jeff's 8400/8800 reviews.

    Jeff,

    I am very interested in 8400 wide angle feature.

    I have a Nikon D70 SLR. A Nikon 12-24mm lens costs about $1000.
    A 8400 plus wide angle converter costs about $1150.
    I am trying to decide which way to go.

    When you get 8400 (hopefully soon), would you please post some photos taken by 8400 plus nikon wide angle converter?

    Thanks,
    Lijian
    http://lijian.smugmug.com

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Monterey Bay
    Posts
    6,029
    Quote Originally Posted by lijian
    Jeff,

    I am very interested in 8400 wide angle feature.

    I have a Nikon D70 SLR. A Nikon 12-24mm lens costs about $1000.
    A 8400 plus wide angle converter costs about $1150.
    I am trying to decide which way to go.

    When you get 8400 (hopefully soon), would you please post some photos taken by 8400 plus nikon wide angle converter?

    Thanks,
    Lijian
    http://lijian.smugmug.com
    You need to think outside of the Nikkor box. Sigma makes a couple of lenses that fall in the sub $700 range:

    15-30mm f3.5-4.5 EX Aspherical DG DF ($579)

    12-24mm f/4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical ($669)

    There is also both a 14mm and 15mm f2.8 fixed focus lens in their line as well ($899 and $449)
    D7000, D70, CP990, CP900, FE.
    50mm f/1.8, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Nikon 18-105 VR, Nikon 55-200 VR, Nikon 43-86 f/3.5 AiS, Vivitar 28-90 F/2.8-3.5 Macro, Vivitar 75-205 F/3.8-4.8, SB800.
    Ha! See, I can change...


    http://d70fan.smugmug.com/

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    7

    Nikon 8400 review

    Hey Jeff
    I wanted to thank you too for a wonderful site, I've been helped by the feedback of other users today- and yeah I'm one of those looking for an honest review of the Nikon 8400.
    It's looking like I'll buy the Olympus' 5060 or 8080 in the absence of such a review (among other things) I hope Nikon see this and send you a 8400 model asap.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •