Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

UK Lens Delivery Problems.

Can anyone tell me why the EF 70-300mm f4-5.6 appears to be as rare as rocking-horse dung? Is it so good that they are in short supply due to demand or is it so awful that they have had to re-design it? I have been trying to get one for my 350D since February and no one sems to have any.

The mitten state
    I see one on e-bay in the UK...actually, he has 3

Here's the link to it.

UPS drivers should wear red and white like Santa!!

Maybe it's because Canon has found a fault with them

Quote Originally Posted by Canon
    To Customers Who Use the EF 70-300 f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens:

Thank you very much for your patronage of our products.

We recently informed you of a phenomenon in which some images captured by the EF 70-300 f/4-5.6 IS USM lens appear in insufficient resolution. This phenomenon may be seen at the edge of the frame at the 300mm setting when the camera is held vertically.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience that this phenomenon represents for customers who use this lens and appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

Affected Products:
    We have been studying the symptoms of this phenomenon in order to determine its precise cause and to develop an appropriate remedy. We have now determined the cause and have developed the remedy.

This phenomenon affects all EF 70-300 f/4-5.6 IS USM lenses with a "0" or "1" in the third digit of the (8 digit) serial number. Products that have a third digit of "2" or higher in their serial number are not affected.