Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I suspect the Sigma documentation may be old and may not have been re-written to take into account more recent developments in camera bodies?
    D300 | MB-D10

18-105MM F/3.5-5.6G ED AF-S DX VR | 105mm f/1.8 AI-S | 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S VR | 80-200 f/2.8 | 50mm f1.4 | SB-900 | SB-600

yea, and it's not very well translated.

The fact the the camera goes into error if i'm in aperture priority and try to move the aperture diaphragm on the lens suggests it's perfectly happy with it locked at f/22.

I'll try some DOF tests tomorrow and make sure it works the range ok, which i suspect it will.
    www.digitalimaging-uk.co.uk, my galleries, blogs and forum

I took a number of photos with this lens today and never had to manually adjust the aperture. I almost exclusively used aperture priority, and it worked fine.

The documentation is wrong in one other area: it makes it sound like flipping the "macro" switch locks the zoom at the maximum (300mm) and that you can't adjust the zoom in macro mode. That's clearly not the case with this lens; the macro mode works from 200-300mm and you can adjust the zoom within that range.

I think the documentation is for a different, and probably older, lens.

Rob

just a couple more fyi ....

a couple of birds .......

>here<
    >here<

my mrs and dog

>here<

and a macro test pair.

>here<

click the to enlarge.

Very nice shots, the lens seems to work very well for you.
    Canon EOS 350D, Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 macro, Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 DC EX, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM, Tokina AT-X124 Pro 12-24mm F4, Soligor 1.7x C/D4 DG Teleconvertor, Manfrotto 724B tripod, Canon Powershot S30

early days but if this is what i get in cloudy weather at those settings then I'm hopeful that it's going to do the job.

I like it so far.

Can I ask how you found the gallery. It's something i've just created as well as the site and forum. I'm looking for feedback.

I like the gallery a lot, actually. Easy navigation, nice use of colours, nice layout.
    Canon EOS 350D, Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 macro, Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 DC EX, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM, Tokina AT-X124 Pro 12-24mm F4, Soligor 1.7x C/D4 DG Teleconvertor, Manfrotto 724B tripod, Canon Powershot S30

thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

now i just need to build up my forum.

cheers ,

Just thought i'd add a link to some more pics.

Got out early (ish) this morning and boy was it dull but i wanted to try the sigma on some swans at the loch next to the house.

If anyone would care to see how this lens is performing for me at the moment the link is below..

I'm really liking this lens, fast action it's never going to do but know it's limitations (and more importantly mine) and we're doing ok...

>here<

when in the image page click on the

to enlarge. And please feel free to look around the rest of my galleries.

cheers,

dave

ps. crits and comments welcome. (and you can leave comments in the galleries also)