Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    the fact that Casio sold me a product that doesn't work and that they didn't fix it when I went through the hassle of sending it in is plenty enough reason to not support Casio.

In addition, that the problem is wide spread with this model and Casio was not proactive in fixing it, also sucks on their part.

Add on that it came with "grit" from the repair shop. So you and Casio can go to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsalami View Post
    the fact that Casio sold me a product that doesn't work and that they didn't fix it when I went through the hassle of sending it in is plenty enough reason to not support Casio.

In addition, that the problem is wide spread with this model and Casio was not proactive in fixing it, also sucks on their part.

Add on that it came with "grit" from the repair shop. So you and Casio can go to hell.
    Every single manufacturer has the exact same problem, and unless you are very lucky, you'll get the same response from each of their support departments. It's not a great situation, but that's the reality of the consumer market today. There are posts on this forum with the exact same complaint about every camera on the market. I agree that it's frustrating, but there it is.

Casio EX-P700 shuts down

I had the same problem with my camera. Based on the comments on this site (mention of "hit sensor") I took a hand vacuum cleaner and carefully vacuumed the spaces between the elements of the lens when the camera was on and the lens was in the extended position.

My thought was that perhaps some dust or other particles had lodged in those space.

At least for now the problem seems to be solved.

Please let me know how you make out.