PDA

View Full Version : z10 or z2 .....?

caron
09-10-2004, 09:16 PM
I've been thinking about either the Z10 or Z2 as my next digital camera. (I currently have a Fuji Finepix 4900 which is going flaky.)

My main purpose will be photographing family (toddler, infant and 2 dogs.....oh yeah, and husband), mostly candids, indoors and out. There might be some travel photos too. Photos will be for email/website, printing mostly 4x6, some 5x7, and rarely 8x10.

I'm not sure that the extra zoom, difference in megapixels (given my current use), and the flash hotshoe is worth the extra $180 (Cdn) that it costs.

Any thoughts? Suggestions for other cameras that might suit me better?

John_Reed
09-13-2004, 04:40 PM
I've been thinking about either the Z10 or Z2 as my next digital camera. (I currently have a Fuji Finepix 4900 which is going flaky.)

My main purpose will be photographing family (toddler, infant and 2 dogs.....oh yeah, and husband), mostly candids, indoors and out. There might be some travel photos too. Photos will be for email/website, printing mostly 4x6, some 5x7, and rarely 8x10.

I'm not sure that the extra zoom, difference in megapixels (given my current use), and the flash hotshoe is worth the extra $180 (Cdn) that it costs.

Any thoughts? Suggestions for other cameras that might suit me better?One camera you might like that isn't on your list is the new Panasonic DMC-FZ3. It has a stabilized zoom lens that is faster with longer reach than any of your two alternatives, and might just deliver more fun in your hands. Give it a look.

Atindra
09-24-2004, 03:59 AM
Hi caron,
I would advise you to go for Kodak's 6490 or 7590 DX series. They are excellant performers. Large LCD is another advantage. If you got to Kodak forum on this site or on dpreview.com you will find its capacities.They are compact, delivering fantastic colors in all conditions.
Atindra

D70FAN
09-24-2004, 06:44 AM
Hi caron,
I would advise you to go for Kodak's 6490 or 7590 DX series. They are excellant performers. Large LCD is another advantage. If you got to Kodak forum on this site or on dpreview.com you will find its capacities.They are compact, delivering fantastic colors in all conditions.
Atindra

Now if they would add Image Stabilization (IS) and figure out how to better process images, Kodak would be a true contender in the Ultra-zoom arena. At least they have the size right.

Atindra
09-25-2004, 12:26 AM
Yes George IS would be a great help but what I feel after a month of photography with DX 6490 is that my hands got trained very fast and I could take lot of photos without any help of tripod, so the need of IS can be compromised. I only need tripod now in shots below shutter speed 1/10.
Atindra