PDA

View Full Version : Is there a guide to buying CF Cards that rates......

98 SNAKE EATER
06-21-2005, 06:39 AM
Speed, Performance and Reliability :confused:

I'm looking for a High Speed 1GB CF card and I'm having trouble deciding on which one to get for my new XT :o

Rick

Rhys
06-21-2005, 07:53 AM
As far as I know, no site reviews solely media. I gather though that Lexmark and Sandisk are regarded as the best. Having said that, I have used LeadData, Fujifilm, Sandisk, Dane-elec and Lexar for the past 4 years with no problems that were not of my own making. All cards still work - even my 4 year old LeadData 64mb CF card although I tend to use larger cards now.

Clyde
06-24-2005, 10:47 PM
Speed, Performance and Reliability :confused:

I'm looking for a High Speed 1GB CF card and I'm having trouble deciding on which one to get for my new XT :o

Rick

Rob Galbraith (http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=6007) looks like the go-to guy.

Clyde

http://www.clydesart.com/

98 SNAKE EATER
06-25-2005, 06:32 AM
Thanx for the info guys :cool:

I ended up with a 1GB Lexar 80x cause my local Ritz had a rebat deal on them...

I was a bit worried because of all the horror stories I've heard about their 80x cards, but so far, so good :)

Rick

Rex914
06-25-2005, 10:00 AM
You better make sure you've got one of the Canon-compatible ones because all Lexar Pro-series cards were incompatible with Canon DSLR's because of a bug on Lexar's part. If it doesn't work (meaning that images are randomly lost), return it or send it in to Lexar for a replacement.

98 SNAKE EATER
06-26-2005, 06:58 PM
Well, looks like I ran into a problem with the Lexar :(

It's been working fine all week, but today, I got an "Error CF" message on the camera :confused:

After I pulled the card and slipped it into the reader, I was able to download all of my pictures successfully :)

However, when I popped it back into the camera, I got the same message....

I thought perhaps I had filled it up cause I snapped a ton of shots, but when I checked on the computer, it only had 700+ MB (it's a 1G card)

So I deleted all the files and popped it back into the cam, but then I got the Error Message again :mad:

Heading back over to Ritz in the morning to see what's up....

Rick