PDA

View Full Version : Nikon S1 review

shamanictea
06-16-2005, 11:00 AM
Hi Jeff,

as always I enjoy your reviews and the latest is no exception, but I'm curious as to whether or not the camera Nikon sent you is somehow a bad egg so to speak. The reason I bring this up is that we bought a second compact digicam, the S1, late last month to take to Tahoe for the weekend and I was worried about blurry corners going in, but in the pics that I've taken, most at wide angle, I haven't seen much of this in my photos. Just curious.

Jeff Keller
06-16-2005, 11:41 AM
Hi Jeff,

as always I enjoy your reviews and the latest is no exception, but I'm curious as to whether or not the camera Nikon sent you is somehow a bad egg so to speak. The reason I bring this up is that we bought a second compact digicam, the S1, late last month to take to Tahoe for the weekend and I was worried about blurry corners going in, but in the pics that I've taken, most at wide angle, I haven't seen much of this in my photos. Just curious.

I suppose it could be bad but that would surprise me -- that's never happened with a camera I've reviewed before. We'll see if they say anything.

shamanictea
06-16-2005, 12:30 PM
You're probably right. I do see some corner softness, certainly more than in the T7 which appears not to suffer from this problem at all, but the S1 seems no worse than some of the samples I've seen from the Canon SD series, but in a couple of your review photos taken with the S1 it is most pronounced.

shamanictea
06-16-2005, 01:03 PM
This one is especially awful:

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/nikon/coolpix_s1-review/DSCN0056.JPG