PDA

View Full Version : Forum Rules Clarification

grenadier
06-11-2005, 08:42 AM
Rules state, 'No links to other commercial sites.'

Does this include posts in response to forum members who have requested a source of supply?

Jeff Keller
06-11-2005, 12:06 PM
Rules state, 'No links to other commercial sites.'

Does this include posts in response to forum members who have requested a source of supply?

Not at all. What I don't want is people plugging their OWN commercial sites... like "we have this for sale for $XXX" or "come see the new article on our [commercial] site".

grenadier
07-06-2005, 12:10 PM
My Apologies for posting my photo gear for sale, I thought the ban only applied to commercial adverts.

Apparantly there's one rule allowing members posts requesting to buy photo gear from other members and another rule forbidding members offering photo gear for sale to members, this is illogical.

Kind regards,

Roy Sperke

Jeff Keller
07-06-2005, 03:51 PM
My Apologies for posting my photo gear for sale, I thought the ban only applied to commercial adverts.

Apparantly there's one rule allowing members posts requesting to buy photo gear from other members and another rule forbidding members offering photo gear for sale to members, this is illogical.

Kind regards,

Roy Sperke

If you see anyone doing any kind of buying or selling here, please bring it to my attention with a PM or e-mail.

Rhys
07-06-2005, 07:34 PM

It seems logical to me.

If somebody puts a message saying: Camera X for sale with 18-55 lens for $xxx then that's selling and might be done commercially.

If somebody says "anybody got a spare Camera X. I'd like to buy a used one" or "does anybody know where I can get a used camera X?" then replies to that can be by PM and it's unlikely to be commercial.

It's not OK to post commercially to make a profit but it's OK to help each other out, basically.