PDA

View Full Version : Where to store my Lithium Ion Batteries?

music83lover2001
06-04-2005, 08:11 AM
Is it safe to keep one of my batteries in the camera or will it harm the battery and/or camera? Also, where should I store my extra battery? I don't have a camera case yet, but am looking to get one soon.

Robert
06-07-2005, 06:46 AM
Is it safe to keep one of my batteries in the camera or will it harm the battery and/or camera? Also, where should I store my extra battery? I don't have a camera case yet, but am looking to get one soon.

Sony recomends not leaving batteries in a camera for any length of time. They don't define "length" but I'm guessing that might mean more than a month or so. I have several Sony products and their user manuals all strongly stress that when storing rechargeable lithium ion batteries that they be completely discharged. In regards to where to store it seems that anywhere at room temperature is ok.

music83lover2001
06-07-2005, 10:31 AM
Also, about where to store a battery, are there certain things it should not come into contact with, aside from obvious things like water, like other batteries or something?

Rhys
06-09-2005, 11:00 AM
Also, about where to store a battery, are there certain things it should not come into contact with, aside from obvious things like water, like other batteries or something?

I keep all mine in a plastic tub - an old margerine tub to be exact.