PDA

View Full Version : Buyers Guide questions

LoopBack
05-31-2005, 08:59 AM
Hi,

I really like the buyers guide and I think it is very helpful. I've been reading the reviews in this site for a long time now and I feel that if a camera gets your recommendation, it's worth a look.

I have two questions/suggestions:
1. There are plenty of cameras that get a good review in this site, especially in the lower budget categories, but only very few of them make the buyers guide.

Is there a way to tell why a model that gets a good review is not featured on the buyers guide?

2. The guide is categorized by price. I think that price always comes together with another parameter, usually the 'class' of the camera: is it 'compact', 'ultra compact', DSLR, Big Zoom, etc. Is there a chance the guide can include another parameter except price?

Jeff Keller
05-31-2005, 05:33 PM
Hi,

I really like the buyers guide and I think it is very helpful. I've been reading the reviews in this site for a long time now and I feel that if a camera gets your recommendation, it's worth a look.

I have two questions/suggestions:
1. There are plenty of cameras that get a good review in this site, especially in the lower budget categories, but only very few of them make the buyers guide.

Is there a way to tell why a model that gets a good review is not featured on the buyers guide?

2. The guide is categorized by price. I think that price always comes together with another parameter, usually the 'class' of the camera: is it 'compact', 'ultra compact', DSLR, Big Zoom, etc. Is there a chance the guide can include another parameter except price?

Thanks for your feedback. In response:

1. I don't believe a buyers guide is useful if it lists too many models. These are the "best of the best".

2. Not a bad idea... I've thought of it... and this may happen someday.

LoopBack
06-01-2005, 12:48 AM
Thanks for your quick reply, Jeff.